just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Scotch whisky group William Grant & Sons has signed a new distribution deal in the US with The Charmer Sunbelt Group, as part of its strategy to reinvigorate Stolichnaya vodka in the country.
Diageo's tax attack
Drinks giant Diageo has defended its record on tax payments in the UK, following allegations that it has sought to shift profit to lower tax countries.
Coca-Cola Enterprises finance appointment
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has appointed Joseph Heinrich to the newly-created role of vice president for global financial intiatives.
Cobra Beer H1 sales
Cobra Beer, which today (3 February) reported a 20% rise in beer volumes for its fiscal first-half, has begun presentations to potential buyers, just-drinks understands.
Russian Standard Vodka is to be distributed in South East Asia by Maxxium Worldwide, with Maxxium partner Beam Global Spirits & Wine set to take lead responsibility and eventual distribution control in the region, just-drinks understands.
SABMiller has declined to comment on reports that it has been approached by Anheuser-Busch InBev as a potential buyer of the brewing giant's South Korea-based Oriental Brewery.
SWA, Khoday India and Peter Scott
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) plans to continue its fight against Khoday India's Peter Scot whisky brand in India, despite its latest legal setback.
Diageo, United Spirits latest
Diageo has declined to comment further on reports that it is looking for a larger than previously reported stake in United Spirits in India.
Asahi, Lotte team up for Oriental?
Asahi Breweries and Lotte Group have denied reports that they are colluding to buy Anheuser-Busch InBev's Oriental Brewery in South Korea for over US$1bn.
Budejovický Budvar to look for GI application?
The European Court of Justice (ECJ) appears to be encouraging Czech brewery Budejovický Budvar to lodge a European Union (EU)-wide application for geographical indication protection for its beer.
This month, Carolyn Panzer took up the position of corporate social responsibility director at Diageo, expanding her former remit as alcohol and responsibility director to cover all areas of Diageo's ...
United Spirit's first quarter results this week might have one wondering what all the fuss is about with the current economic downturn....
United Spirits has reported strong rises in sales and profits for its fiscal first quarter and has confirmed its plan to raise a further US$300m to pay down debts....
William Grant & Sons is to release its stock of Glenfiddich 50 Year Old single malt Scotch whisky, at GBP10,000 per bottle....
Trade unions estimate that 20,000 people marched through the streets of Kilmarnock last weekend, to protest against proposed job cuts by Diageo....
The British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) has issued a "hands off " warning to beer keg thieves....
News that Diageo is attempting to disentangle its operations in Tanzania from SABMiller is another indication of Africa's rising prominence in the minds of multinational brewers....
A campaign against the closure of Diageo's Johnnie Walker bottling plant in Scotland could have an effect on the Scottish economy, according to CBI Scotland....
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Research - Cider/Perry: Adapts, Evolves & Grows
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review