just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Heineken-owned brewer Beamish & Crawford is to lose the brewing and distribution licence for Miller Genuine Draft in Ireland, brand owner SABMiller has said.
Tax rises and alcohol - research
Alcohol tax increases reduce demand for drinks more significantly than other public policies, according to a new study.
Pernod Ricard has signed fresh distribution deals for its drinks brands in the US with Southern Wine & Spirits of America and Republic National Distributing Company.
French winemakers on trial
Fifty-three French winemakers may face fines or prison after admitting that they illegally added extra sugar to their wines to increase alcohol levels.
Beam Global's US distribution
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has signed a new distribution deal with Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
Cott Corp. and Wal-Mart
Cott Corporation is to lose its exclusive supply agreement with its largest customer, US supermarket chain Wal-Mart, the private label soft drinks supplier has said.
UK guidelines for alcohol and children
Children aged under 15 should never be given alcohol, is the message from the UK's chief medical officer.
Fortune Brands' full-year results
Fortune brands has reported a 58% drop in full-year profit and an 11% slide in revenue, but said spirits arm Beam Global Spirits & Wine remains resilient in the recession.
Carlsberg and Belarus
Belarus has emerged as an unlikely battleground for global brewers in early 2009, after Carlsberg has followed SABMiller in expressing its interest in the country's beer market.
San Miguel Brewery full-year results
San Miguel Brewery has reported an 11% rise in revenue and a 25% jump in net income for 2008, allaying fears of a decline in the global beer market.
Sweden assumed the Presidency of the EU at the beginning of this month. With the country's history of control and high taxation of alcohol, the industry is expecting a tough six months. However, Ben C...
As drinks companies look desperately for the elusive 'green shoots' of economic recovery, Spiros Malandrakis of Euromonitor International examines the varying impact the downturn has had across region...
SABMiller is to build a GBP2m (US$3.3m) global research brewery in the UK city of Nottingham....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Estonia-based spirits company AS Liviko has increased its sales and market share in the Estonian alcohol market, boosted by successful imports....
S&N has launched a limited release seasonal ale under its Newcastle Brown Ale brand for the US on-trade....
Kilchoman Distillery has lined up the launch of its inaugural single malt Scotch whisky for later this year....
California beer and wine distributor Terrell Wines is to begin distributing Argentinean BarbaRoja's Barrel-Aged Red Ale into the San Francisco and Los Angeles markets....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets