just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo has countered an attack by Australia's Health Minister on the company's Smirnoff Platinum RTD brand.
Prices rises in UK for Anheuser-Busch Inbev
InBev UK has said it will increase beer prices in the UK in order to absorb rising costs and offset tough market conditions.
Kirin San Miguel purchase
Japanese brewer Kirin Holdings may take a 43% stake in San Miguel Brewery, after agreeing to enter exclusive negotiations with the firm's parent, San Miguel Corp.
Pernod Ricard has sold its Serkova Vodka brand to Amvyx, as part of a deal with EU competition officials.
Guinness brewery construction stalls
Diageo is to review plans to build a EUR650m (US$843m) Guinness brewery in Ireland, due to the global economic downturn.
Coca-Cola in Iran
Iranian authorities may place an official boycott on Coca-Cola products, as part of retaliatory measures for US support of Israel's assault on Gaza, according to a report.
Coca-Cola global ad campaign
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to unveil the latest global marketing campaign for its namesake CSD in the US today (21 January).
Pernod exec appointment
Pernod Ricard has appointed Martin Riley, head of marketing for its Chivas Brothers division, as the group's new vice president of global marketing.
Falling Champagne sales pushed Remy Cointreau to a 4% sales decline for the first nine months of its fiscal 2008-09.
E&J Gallo job cuts
Wine giant E&J Gallo plans to cut up to 50 jobs in the UK, blaming the move on tax rises and a tough economic climate.
Pernod Ricard has said that it expects like-for-like sales to be broadly flat for its fiscal full-year, but operating profits will hit guidance thanks to lower advertising spend....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has lined up two packaging updates for its Chivas Regal Scotch whisky brand for the holiday season in the US....
Diageo has dropped its annual Johnnie Walker Classic golf tournament in Asia, but has denied reports that the move is linked with the firm's cost savings plan in Scotland....
Pernod Ricard subsidiary, The Absolut Company, has launched a mobile device for its namesake vodka brand that can recommend cocktails to users....
Molson Coors is in favour of setting minimum prices on alcoholic drinks as a way of cutting excess consumption, the company's UK marketing director has told Parliament's Health Select Committee....
Pernod Ricard has dismissed a lawsuit in the US claiming it stole the concept for a cocktail-making competition from a charity organisation....
Pernod Ricard will issue its full-year trading statement at the end of this week, with sales thought to have remained under pressure in the fourth quarter....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- This week in spirits & wine
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts