just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The US spirits market
Constellation sells off spirits
Constellation Brands has lined up the sale of most of its spirits business, which consists of over 40 different brands, to Sazerac Company.
Pub struggle in the UK
The Royal Bank of Scotland is looking to sell off its 1,000-strong pub network, in an attempt to limit further financial loss by exiting the shrinking on-trade beer market.
Pernod Ricard H1 sales
Pernod Ricard has seen sales in the US slow in its first half, as retailers in the country reduced their stock.
Diageo's South Korean tax bill
Diageo has been hit with a tax demand for over US$153m in South Korea.
Duffy and Diet Coke
Coca-Cola UK has confirmed that Welsh singer Duffy will star in its new Diet Coke European advertising campaign.
Anheuser-Busch InBev heads to New York
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to transfer some of its operations to a new office in New York, resulting in a possible 89 job losses at the group's Leuven headquarters in Belgium.
Carlsberg job cuts in Northern Europe
Carlsberg has announced a shake-up of its executive committee and a plan to cut almost 300 jobs in Northern Europe.
UK anti-duty rise coalition
Wine, beer and spirits sectors in the UK have united to press the government to abandon its plans for more duty tax rises this year.
Coca-Cola Co.'s Vitaminwater lawsuit
Lawyers and a consumer advocacy group are suing The Coca-Cola Co for deceptive marketing of its VitaminWater drink, a claim derided as "ludicrous" by the soft drinks giant.
After four years at the helm at Drambuie, Phil Parnell has led the one-brand company on a turnaround of healthy proportions. As the global recession takes hold, Olly Wehring quizzed him on the secrets...
Last month, ex-Brown-Forman exec David Cox became Europe director for New Zealand Winegrowers. He spoke with Chris Mercer about what attracted him to working for a generic body and about New Zealand's...
Pernod Ricard UK has launched the latest phase of its Accept Responsibility campaign focusing on binge drinking....
Irish Distillers, a subsidiary of Pernod Ricard, has secured an injunction against picketers threatening to disrupt operations at its Jameson whiskey distillery in Midleton, County Cork....
French spirits body Fédération Française des Spiritueux has named Jean-Pierre Lacarrière as its new president....
Pernod Ricard has launched a limited edition package for its Chivas Regal Scotch whisky brand....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a limited edition bottle for its Malibu flavoured rum brand in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015