just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Innocent Drinks MD departure
Innocent Drinks has said that UK managing director Jamie Mitchell will leave the firm, but denied the move was connected to a smoothie sales slip in 2008.
Constellation Europe management changes
Constellation Europe has announced senior management changes to its wine, spirits and cider divisions as part of a major restructuring plan.
The UK arm of Inbev has confirmed that it intends to close the Stag brewery in London, owned by recently-acquired Anheuser-Busch.
Whyte & Mackay has poached an executive from Beam Global Spirits & Wine to head up its sales and marketing operations.
UK home brewing sales leap
Demand for home brewing kits has reached unprecedented levels in the UK thanks to celebrity endorsements and the recession, suppliers say.
Tesco competition law row
Tesco, the UK supermarket giant, has denied an allegation that it deliberately flouted competition law with Christmas drinks offers.
Diageo, Red Stripe and UK music
The third Red Stripe Music Award competition begins this month, as owner Diageo looks to build the lager brand's association with live music.
Constellation Q3 results
Constellation Brands has posted a 30% plunge in reported net profit for its third quarter, as sales in Europe struggled.
Hall & Woodhouse brewery chief dies
David Woodhouse, managing director of the Hall & Woodhouse Brewery in the UK, has died of a heart attack at the age of 48.
Irish whiskey on EU hunt
Irish whiskey distillers are in the advanced stages of drafting a document to give their products protected name status in the EU.
Last month, ex-Brown-Forman exec David Cox became Europe director for New Zealand Winegrowers. He spoke with Chris Mercer about what attracted him to working for a generic body and about New Zealand's...
Environmental concerns have climbed steadily up the agenda for soft drinks producers in recent years. However, Annette Farr writes, progress has been faster in the UK than in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Constellation Brands has posted a marked fall in net sales and profits for the first quarter of its current fiscal year....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has acquired the Effen vodka brand from Sazerac Co....
Crown Imports has launched a food-based tie-up for two of Grupo Modelo beer brands in the US....
Constellation Europe is launching Semillon Sauvignon and Cabernet Merlot wines in the UK to support the growth of its Banrock Station brand in the country....
Asia-based investors have dominated international interest in the sale of Foster's Australian wine assets, but prices are under pressure....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research