just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week.
Pernod Ricard has signed a deal with Norway's Arcus Gruppen to sell several drinks brands acquired as part of its takeover of Vin & Sprit.
Stevia, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo
UK wine industry
Tax rises, slowing sales growth and vicious discounting are threatening to cause widespread job losses across the UK wine sector early next year, industry sources have told just-drinks.
NY soft drinksNew York's governor has proposed a tax on regular soft drinks in order to reduce obesity across the state.
UK, minimum prices
A minimum price on alcohol sold in supermarkets will not be introduced during the economic downturn, UK home secretary Jacqui Smith has said.
Shannon Minerals, FSAIShannon Minerals, the Irish bottled water firm that withdrew products from supermarkets late last month, has attacked Ireland's food safety watchdog for failing to inform it of new guidelines.
MillerCoors has bowed to pressure from a coalition of state attourneys general in the US and agreed to remove a range of ingredients, including caffeine, from its Sparks drink.Diageo has appointed Michael Patten to the new role of global public policy director, set to encompass international trade, tax and market access issues.
Coca-Cola Enterprises has lifted its earnings guidance for 2008, but said it would close some of its US operations as part of a restructuring plan.
The UK Office of Fair Trading has shrugged off competition concerns to approve Coca-Cola Co's acquisition of a stake in smoothie maker Innocent Drinks....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
New Zealand wineries must stick to their focus on value and not be tempted into the world of discounting to shift extra volumes, David Cox, the new Europe director for New Zealand Winegrowers, has tol...
Wind turbines, recycled plastics and more environmentally friendly refrigerators are some of the initiatives that have been highlighted by the British Soft Drinks Association (BSDA) to demonstrate the...
The threat of a federal tax hike on alcohol and sugary soft drinks to help pay for healthcare reform in the US appears to have receded, following comments from leading Senators in the debate....
Pernod Ricard's Chivas Regal Scotch whisky has extended its trademark protection in China, as the French firm tells just-drinks that drinks companies continue to face a battle against counterfeits in ...
Indian wine giant Indage Vintners plans to raise INR2bn via a share rights issue....
Pernod Ricard has readied a revamp of the packaging for its Powers Gold Label Irish whiskey brand in the US....
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research