just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Pepsi Bottling Group US acquisition
The Pepsi Bottling Group has completed its acquisition of Lane Affiliated Companies in the US.
Anheuser-Busch InBev UK brewery threat
Newly formed brewing giant Anheuser-Busch InBev may look to sell off its Budweiser Stag Brewery as part of a restructuring progamme in the UK, analysts believe.
Diageo and Guiness
Diageo plans to invest EUR24m over the next three years to make its St James's Gate brewery in Ireland a global R&D centre for the group's beer operations.
Grupo Cordoniu in UK
Grupo Codorníu is launching a new wine brand in the UK, as sales of higher priced Spanish wines grow.
SABMiller and Sudan
SABMiller Africa plans to begin brewing a new lager in Southern Sudan, following the opening of a brewery in the country's capital.
Belvedere sales in year-so-far
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 22% revenue rise in the first nine months of 2008, but warned that it was likely to miss operating profit targets.
Cobra Beer sale
Cobra Beer is circulating a sales memorandum to potential buyers, declaring its willingness to split its UK and Indian businesses, sources close to the situation have confirmed to just-drinks.
Heineken may pay around US$100m as a commercial distribution fee to India's leading brewer, United Breweries, headed by Vijay Mallya.
Change at Coca-Cola Co.
The Coca-Cola Co. chairman Neville Isdell has said he is to step down, clearing the way for current president and CEO Muhtar Kent to replace him.
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. in Italy
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has said it has completed its takeover of Socib, Italy's second-largest franchise bottler of Coca-Cola soft drinks.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the sale of its remaining 7% stake in Tsingtao Brewery to private Chinese investor Chen Fashu for US$235m....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Private equity group Kohl Kravis Roberts & Co has declined to comment on a report that it is looking to sell minority stakes in Oriental Brewery, which it agreed to buy from Anheuser-Busch InBev last ...
PepsiCo is standing firm against its bottlers' demands, but it looks increasingly likely that the soft drinks giant will have to raise its offer if it does not want the deal to go flat....
PepsiCo has hinted that it could walk away from its bid to buy Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas, rather than meet the bottlers' demands for a higher offer....
PepsiCo will have to improve on its offer if it wants to fully acquire Pepsi Bottling Group, the bottler's board has said, defending its decision to reject a deal....
A lift in US soft drinks sales and lower commodity costs have led Pepsi Bottling Group to raise its full-year earnings guidance....
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co, the private equity group behind the purchase of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Oriental Brewery last month, has posted net losses of US$1.9bn for 2008....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review