just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
InBev must sell its Labatt USA beer business in order to complete the US$52bn takeover of Anheuser-Busch, the US competition regulator has said.
Coca-Cola Amatil has rejected a near A$8bn bid from fellow Australian beverage group Lion Nathan, following opposition to the deal from The Coca-Cola Company.
Brugal Añejo Rum
Shaw-Ross International Importers has said it has returned the packing for its Brugal Añejo Rum brand to an "authentic" design.
InBev, Anheuser-Busch - The endgame
InBev has announced that it has completed its acquisition of Anheuser-Busch, closing the biggest deal in brewing history.
Beam Global, Cruzan rum
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has added Cruzan Rum to its portfolio.
Tesco's wine range
UK retail giant Tesco is cutting 15% of its total wine range over the next six months, according to reports.
One of Bacardi's global brand directors is set to leave the company.
Lotte Group and Oriental Brewery Co.
The Lotte Group has moved to distance itself from reports that it may be interested in acquiring Anheuser-Busch InBev's South Korean brewer.
SABMiller and United Breweries have jointly filed a lawsuit against the government of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
PepsiCo in Mexico
US food and beverage giant PepsiCo has outlined a US$3bn investment package for its business in Mexico as it looks to build its Sabritas and Gamesa operations south of the border.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed a US$3bn note pricing....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has not abused its dominant market position in its native Belgium by forcing suppliers to accept unfair terms, Belgium's competition authority has said....
Bacardi US has expanded its ready-to-drink portfolio with the inclusion of a Classic Cocktail Raspberry Mojito....
Havana Club International has unveiled a revamp of the packaging for its seven-year-old Havana Club rum variant....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has agreed to sell its remaining 7% stake in Tsingtao Brewery to a Chinese private investor, Chen Fashu, for US$235m....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reported an increase in profits and a 4.7% rise in like-for-like sales for the first quarter of 2009....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has finally confirmed that it will sell its South Korean brewing operations to private equity group Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) & Co....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts