just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The head of United Spirits' parent company has calmed speculation suggesting that the Indian company is in official talks with Diageo.
Spanish spirits research
Super premium spirits rose in Spain in 2007, despite an overall decline in the country's spirits consumption during the year, new research shows.
Beam Global rye whiskey launch
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is to launch an "ultra premium" rye whiskey across the US this month, devised to capture more of the premium cocktail market.
Tesco value wine range
Retail giant Tesco is launching wines within its Value range in a bid to meet consumer needs in the current economic climate.
Pernod Ricard's managing director has warned that an economic slowdown across Western Europe has begun to take its toll on wine and spirits markets.
Foster's has extended a review to decide the future of its troubled Australian wine business.
Pernod Q3 sales
Pernod Ricard has posted a healthy lift in sales in its first quarter, driven by the acquisition of Vin & Sprit in the period.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated Q3
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has seen a one-off pension-related payment help turn profit to loss in its third quarter.
Vina Concha y Toro Q3
Chilean wine group Vina Concha y Toro has reported a 2.5% drop in revenue for its third quarter, reflecting lower sales on the domestic market and in the UK.
Southern Comfort advert banned
A television advert for Southern Comfort has been banned by the UK's advertising watchdog for linking alcohol consumption to a successful evening.
India's United Spirits expects its volume sales to grow by 17% this year, despite the global economic downturn, company president Vijay Rekhi has told just-drinks....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo has appointed Peggy Bruzelius to its board following the resignation of Bill Shanahan after ten years with the company....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the French luxury goods firm at the centre of takeover speculation this week, has reported Champagne and Cognac sales down by more than a fifth in the first quarter o...
Diageo has lined up a further multi-million dollar investment in one of its bottling facilities in the US....
Export volumes of Scotch whisky are predicted to have fallen by almost 2% in 2008, according to preliminary figures, but distillers at this week's World Whiskies Conference remained optimistic about i...
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has moved to quash speculation linking it to a divestment of its wine and spirits division to Diageo....
The best quotes from day two of the World Whiskies Conference in London. See our previous entry for quotes from yesterday (20 April) and see the just-drinks blog for a brief roundup of news we've pick...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014