just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
French soft drink recall
Thousands of branded and own-label soft drinks, including those made by Orangina Schweppes and Danone, have been recalled in France following contamination of a bottling plant's water source.
Glennglassaugh lines up Scotch whisky releases
The Glenglassaugh Distillery Company has outlined release details for its single malt Scotch whisky portfolio.
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands has announced the 'soft launch' of premium Fijian rum brand, Seven Tiki, in the UK
Diageo readies bond
Diageo, the world's leading alcoholic drinks group, has launched and priced a $1bn, fixed rate bond.
Glenmorangie expansion underway
The Glenmorangie Company has completed the first phase of its proposed expansion project at its flagship distillery in Scotland.
Alcohol-only checkouts in the UK
Introducing alcohol-only checkouts in UK retailers will not help to tackle drinking abuse, says the industry.
Carlsberg reorganises Kronenbourg
Carlsberg is looking to cut 15% of its workforce at its French subsidiary Brasseries Kronenbourg.
Coca-Cola Enterprises has cut full-year earnings guidance following a fall in profit in its third quarter, blaming its problems on a tough soft drinks market in North America.
Diageo tying up with United Spirits?
Diageo is one of several multinational drinks firms interested in purchasing a stake in Indian group United Spirits, just-drinks understands.
Beam Global CEO stands down
The president and CEO of Beam Global Spirits & Wine is leaving the company.
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau watched its full-year sales slip by 11.6% this week as demand for premium alcohol continued to drop. Michelle Russell assesses the group's prospects....
Reluctance by wholesalers and distributors to order in fresh stock, for fear that consumers will not buy, is proving to be the weak spot in drinks companies' handling of the economic downturn in early...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Bacardi has declined to comment on a report that it is interested in acquiring a stake in Indian spirits firm Radico Khaitan....
Diageo is to launch a limited edition Guinness for the US market to mark the beer's 250th anniversary....
Scotch whisky distillers are close to securing protected name status for their products in China, Scottish ministers believe, following meetings with Chinese government officials....
Diageo has declined to comment on speculation linking the drinks giant to a possible move for Brown-Forman....
Scotch whisky distiller Bruichladdich has reported a 15% rise in sales for 2008, ahead of the firm's expectations....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research