just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Delay for Foster's Group wine sale?
A poor financial climate means Australian drinks group Foster's might be forced to wait to unload its troubled wine division.
France closure for William Grant & Sons
William Grant & Sons has confirmed that it plans to close its French brandy production facility in the Cognac region of the country.
SABMiller trading update
SABmiller has reported a 3% rise in beer volumes for its first half, despite slowdowns in the emerging markets of Russia and China.
PepsiCo Q3 results
PepsiCo plans to cut more than 3,000 jobs as part of a new cost savings programme designed to reinvigorate its North American beverages business, it has announced, following a tough third quarter.
Vin & Sprit in Absolut lawsuit
Vin & Sprit, the owner of Swedish vodka brand Absolut, has launched legal proceedings against UK radio station Absolute Radio for infringement of its trademark.
Diageo Q1 trading update
Diageo has maintained its full-year guidance for its 2008/2009 fiscal year, after delivering a lift in sales in its first quarter.
Wirtz Beverage, Glazer's Distribution and Judge & Dolph
Wirtz Beverage Group has snapped up Glazer's Distributors' interest in the companies' recently-formed joint venture in Illinois.
[Updated 19:20BST] Grupo Modelo has filed a notice of arbitration against Anheuser-Busch in light of A-B's pending takeover by InBev.
Heineken and Efes Breweries International in Serbia
Heineken and Efes Breweries International have confirmed further details of their joint-venture in Serbia, and the closure of one of their breweries in the country.
InBev and Stella Black in UK
InBev has dismissed speculation that is has lined up a high strength brand extension for its Stella Artois beer in the UK.
Leading UK smoothie maker Innocent Drinks this week risked the wrath of its fan base by selling up to a fifth of its business to one of the biggest corporations in the US - The Coca-Cola Co. Michelle ...
Coca-Cola's purchase of a stake in leading UK smoothie brand Innocent could be a fillip for a sector that had grown rapidly but flagged last year, Annette Farr writes. It also sees Coke and PepsiCo ex...
Stable government and an expanding economy have greatly improved the growth prospects for soft drinks producers in Nigeria. Moreover, writes Richard Corbett, strategic analyst at market analysts Canad...
Cobra Beer's search for a buyer has taken longer than expected, just-drinks understands, but several parties remain interested in acquiring the group....
First Drinks Brands, the distribution business owned by whisky distiller William Grant & Sons, plans to spend GBP40m on marketing this year, following its deal to distribute Remy Cointreau brands in t...
PepsiCo has launched an extension to its Sierra Mist soft drink portfolio....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reaffirmed that it intends to dispose of assets but declined to comment on speculation that it has entered talks with Heineken over a sale of its Czech brewer, Pivovary Starop...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review