just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Rum tax break clarified
The Distilled Spirits Council of the US (DISCUS) has issued a statement to clarify the position on benefits for the rum-producing territories of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands being agreed as part of the economic rescue package agreed last week by US authorities.
Coca-Cola Enterprises UK chief
Coca-Cola Enterprises has confirmed the appointment of a new vice president and general manager for the UK.
Hansen Natural, Coca-Cola Co. and CCE
Hansen Natural has secured a long-expected tie-up with The Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Enterprises for its Monster Energy brand.
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed details of the date for a vote by shareholders on the brewer's proposed acquisition by InBev.
Diageo, Diddy and Ciroc vodka
Diageo has launched an advertising campaign for its Ciroc Vodka brand in the US, featuring Sean 'Diddy' Combs.
Drambuie FY results
The CEO of Drambuie has hailed progress in the Scotch liqueur brand's recovery plan, after increasing operating profit by 31% over the last year.
Hansen Natural charges detailed
Hansen Natural has warned that it will take a hefty charge following this week's announcement that it has secured a distribution deal with The Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Enterprises.
C&C Group chief resigns
The CEO of C&C Group has resigned because the Irish drinks company "has not met the expectations" of a repositioning strategy.
InBev appoints A-B North America chief
InBev has appointed a new leader for Anheuser-Busch and a North American president for the newly combined Anheuser-Busch InBev group.
LVMH Q3 results
French Luxury good group LVMH has reported a 2% revenue drop in its wine and spirits division for the first nine months of 2008.
Yesterday (1 April) signalled both an end and a beginning for Maxxium, the global sales and distribution joint venture created by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, The Edrington Group and Remy Cointreau in ...
The pouch appears to have been a packaging format for drinks that has never been either fashionable or popular. And yet, Capri Sun, a product so clearly identified by its pouch-and-straw format, is an...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has said it is "disappointed" by this weeks ruling against its Havana Club joint venture partner in the US, and warned that it will "aggressively prevent any unauthorised use" of the Hav...
The Coca-Cola Co. has agreed to publish corrective adverts in Australia after a ruling from the country's Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)....
The US District Court has dismissed a lawsuit by the Cuban co-owners of Havana Club International claiming the country acted illegally in terminating its US trademark rights for the namesake rum brand...
SABMiller's Colombian subsidiary, Bavaria SA, has completed the sale of its Pepsi bottling operations in the country to Quinsa, a division of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Ambev business, for around US$27m....
Fears that The Coca-Cola Co could use its market dominance in CSDs to unfairly beat down competitors in the juice category was behind the collapse of the Huiyuan deal, according to a report....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014