just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo's new US president
Global beverage giant Diageo has appointed a new US president, as part of several changes to its executive committee.
InBev shareholders have voted to approve the brewer's US$52bn takeover of US beer giant Anheuser-Busch.
Boisset loses spirits
Burgundy-based drinks group Boisset is selling its spirits branch to French counterpart La Martiniquaise, for an undisclosed sum.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group begins listing
Soft drinks group Dr Pepper Snapple will be listed on the respected Standard & Poor's 500 index, in place of chewing gum giant Wrigley.
Fortune Brands switches head
Fortune Brands chairman Norm Wesley has announced his retirement, with current president and CEO Bruce Carbonari set to replace him.
Fortune completes rum buy
Constellation head warns of "bloody" Christmas
The CEO of Constellation Europe has warned that the alcoholic drinks market is facing a "bloody" Christmas in the UK.
Danone mulling Frucor bidders?
French food and drink giant Groupe Danone has drawn up a short list of possible buyers for its Frucor Beverages business in Australia and New Zealand, according to a report.
The Edrington Group and Beam Global Spirits & Wine have confirmed details of their new alliance in the UK.
InBev Q3 trading update
InBev has warned that it expects the "slight contraction" in its EBITDA margin experienced in the first half of this year to continue into its third quarter.
Drambuie is to link up with whisky distiller Morrison Bowmore in Scotland, as group CEO Phil Parnell tells just-drinks that the group is in good financial shape to weather the recession....
Diageo has secured the first in-flight listing for its Ketel One vodka brand in the Americas....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has failed in its attempt to register the Budweiser name as a protected trademark in the EU....
Diageo GB is taking advantage of plummeting media rates to ramp up support for its spirits brands in 2009....
Beam Global is backing its Teacher's Scotch whisky with a GBP1.5m ad spend in the UK this year, and is set to a fresh on-pack offer to create more interest in the brand....
Diageo is consolidating its office presence in London, with the proposed closure of its flagship site in the city....
InBev has launched a viral campaign for its Stella Artois 4% brand in the UK....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research