Just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most read stories on just-drinks in the last week.
Rémy Cointreau will begin a distribution deal with William Grant & Sons subsidiary, First Drinks Brands, in the UK, once the French group has left Maxxium.
A closer look at Russian Standard vodka
Russian Standard has plans to overtake Absolut this year in the UK premium vodka market. We took a look at the group on a recent press trip.
Lehman Brothers collapse
America's fourth largest investment bank went under in one of the worst weeks for western financial markets since the Great Depression of the 1930s.
Constellation Brands targets Russia
Constellation Europe's general manager, Michel Troutoud, spoke to just-drinks about the wine company's expansion in Russia.
MillerCoors hits problems with Sparks drink
A Coalition of US states has urged MillerCoors not to launch an extension of its Sparks drink, claiming its caffeine and alcohol combination is "dangerous" for young people.
EU faces fresh WTO with India over spirits
EU: Officials eye WTO action against India spirits tariffs
EU frustration at India's wine and spirit import tariffs is set to boil over into fresh action at the World Trade Organisation.
Pernod Ricard issues economy warning
FRANCE: Pernod Ricard warns over weak economy
Pernod Ricard has admitted for the first time this year that a "severe" financial downturn will damage profit growth over the next 12 months.
Alcoholic drinks will survive recession
US: Alcohol not hit by recession - research
Alcoholic drinks are relatively recession-proof, says new research from Mintel.
Boisset Beaujolais to come in plastic bottles
FRANCE: Boisset to export beaujolais Nouveau in PET
Boisset plans to export its forthcoming Beaujolais Nouveau in PET bottles, in a move it says will reduce carbon emissions.
Heineken pushes up beer prices
IRELAND: Heineken raises beer prices
Heineken Ireland has decided to increase its beer prices, in order to swallow soaring input costs.
Pernod Ricard UK has said that it has no plans to follow wine giants Constellation and E&J Gallo in cutting jobs in the UK....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Gaymer Cider Company has announced plans to up its investment in its music-related marketing campaign in the UK....
Corona Extra and Corona Light are to launch a grocery promotion in time for Mexican regional holiday Cinco de Mayo....
William Grant & Sons has extended its distribution agreement with the owner of vodka brand Stolichnaya, SPI Group....
The Charmer Sunbelt Group (CSG) has taken on the distribution of Bacardi USA and Brown-Forman's brands in a handful of states in the US....
Maxxium has detailed the reorganisation of its travel retail wing, ahead of the slimming down of the sales and distribution alliance next month....
William Grant & Sons has announced the retirement of its longest-serving sales director....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts