just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Gloomy forecast from Remy Cointreau
The Chairwoman of French Cognac and Champagne group Remy Cointreau has said emerging markets in Asia will feel the effects of a slowdown in western economies, according to a report.
Diageo calls for co-regulation
Diageo has called for an updated strategy of co-regulation for the alcoholic drinks industry in Scotland.
Crayons' new sports drink
Crayons has unveiled a line of natural and high fructose corn syrup-free sports drinks in the US.
Coors beefs up prices in UK
Coors Brewers has blamed "extraordinary times" in the UK beer market for its decision to up wholesale prices in the country later this month.
Coca-Cola Co. trials new fountain
The Coca-Cola Co. has unveiled a drinks fountain that can dispense more than 100 different flavours from one unit.
Pernod Ricard is to take its newly-acquired Vin & Sprit brands, including Absolut vodka, out of the Maxxium Worldwide network next month, prompting a global re-organisation of the distribution venture.
Fortune Brands has confirmed that it is not interested in the Stolichnaya vodka brand.
Remy Cointreau utilises Maxxium for Champagne launch
Rémy Cointreau has used the Maxxium venture to launch a vintage Champagne range in the UK market, targeted at the luxury drinks category.
Coca-Cola Zero Zero Seven
Coca-Cola Zero is to be an official partner of the new James Bond film, Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced.
Beam Global back in control
Beam Global Wine & Spirits has finished a busy week in its strategy to seize back "full and clear control" of its various businesses, group president Tom Flocco has told just-drinks.
Companies: Cointreau, Remy Cointreau, Diageo, Maxxium, Molson Coors, Pernod Ricard, Ricard, The Coca-Cola Company, Fortune Brands, Stolichnaya, Absolut, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Coca-Cola Enterprises
To say that Ketil Eriksen had to hit the ground running when he became CEO of Absolut six months ago would be an understatement. Overseeing a massive reorganisation and dealing with the effects of the...
Both China and the US have in different ways been exciting growth markets for the drinks sector in recent years but for obvious reasons neither is quite what they were. Chris Losh looks at how both ma...
The US economy declined by 6% in the fourth quarter of 2008, more steeply than predicted, as fresh industry figures this week indicate that spirits sales have continued to weaken....
Rémy Cointreau is to restructure its global travel retail division once the French drinks group leaves the Maxxium distribution partnership in April....
See the top stories published on just-drinks this week....
Diageo plans to expand Windhoek beer across Africa after acquiring the global rights to produce and distribute the brand outside of its key South African and Namibian markets....
A 70% tax hike on ready-to-drink alcoholic beverages in Australia is on a knife-edge as the government faces widespread rebellion in the country's Senate....
Australia's tax hike on ready-to-drink alcoholic beverages will be expanded to close a loophole allegedly allowing drinks companies to escape payments, the country's government has said ahead of a cru...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts