just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
The Coca-Cola Co.'s UK Olympic bottle
The Coca-Cola Co. has joined forces with celebrity photographer Rankin to create a limited edition Coca-Cola bottle in the UK.
Diageo's Autumn UK push
Diageo has announced a category-wide campaign in a bid to maximise spirit sales in the UK this Autumn.
US opportunities for Australian wine
Australia's wineries should secure their long-term future by targeting a gap in the US market for higher priced wines, a report has suggested.
Pernod Ricard has said its Argentinean wine brand Graffigna is to become a leading player in the group's wine portfolio in the UK.
InBev & Anheuser-Busch
InBev has been asked for further information from the US Department of Justice before receiving clearance for its acquisition of Anheuser-Busch.
Anheuser-Busch has said CEO August Busch IV is in talks to sign a multi-million dollar consultancy contract with the brewer's prospective new owners, InBev.
South Africa looks promising for whisky
The South African whisky market grew by an estimated 16.2% in 2007 to over 3.5m cases. According to The IWSR's South Africa Wine and Spirits 2008 report, growth was largely driven by Jameson, Jack Daniels and Johnnie Walker.
Heineken in Switzerland
Heineken has been given clearance to proceed with its purchase of Eichhof Holdings' beverage division in Switzerland.
Jessica Simpson causes Stampede
Celebrity Jessica Simpson is to be the 'face' of beer brand Stampede Light Plus, marketed as the beer for health-conscious consumers, in the US.
Diageo ups India control
Diageo is looking to take a more active role in Masterstroke whisky, the brand jointly launched by Diageo and Radico Khaitan in India last year.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to close down its bud.tv website as dwindling visitor numbers and the struggles of maintaining the volume of content the company had hoped to publish on it have taken their tol...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the first round of bidding for its South Korea-based Oriental Brewery, according to a report....
Pernod Ricard may profit in its second half from a plan to reduce advertising spend, partly as a result of lower media rates in key markets....
Cott Corp. has confirmed the appointment of its new CEO....
Diageo has signed an agreement to purchase land to build two 100,000 square foot barrel warehouses for maturing Captain Morgan rum in the US Virgin Islands....
Workers at an Anheuser-Busch InBev brewery in the state of New York have warned that a proposed tax rise on beer could lose them their jobs, according to local reports....
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh has affirmed the group's desire to increase its presence in India, but said that talks with Vijay Mallya's United Spirits remain in the preliminary stages....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends