just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
French wine terrorist arrest?
A young French winemaker and suspected member of a wine militant group has been arrested after an explosion at his winery in southern France.
Cobra Beer has confirmed it is in talks with "several interested parties" with a view to lining up investment in the company.
Death of cult of celebrity?
Consumers are showing signs of fatigue towards celebrity marketing, according to new research from independent market analyst, Datamonitor.
Grupo Modelo is likely to form a partnership with new Anheuser-Busch owner InBev, despite the Mexican brewer's insistence that it has several options available, analysts believe.
Stolichanaya - still a way to go
US-based buyers would likely be favourites in an auction for Stolichnaya, one senior analyst has told just-drinks, but any potential sale remains shrouded in secrecy.
Bacardi buys into Patron
Bacardi has acquired a "significant" - albeit unspecified - minority stake in The Patrón Spirits Company.
Belvedere on the ropes?
Under-fire French wine and spirits firm Belvédère has filed a request to resume trading, following a court ruling protecting it from being declared bankrupt.
Scotch Whisky Association despair at WTO collapse
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has expressed its frustration at the collapse of World Trade Organisation talks.
SABMiller Q1 volumes down
Shares in SABMiller fell this morning (31 July) after the brewer said organic lager volumes dipped by 1.6% in its first quarter.
Diageo denies Guinness ad link
Diageo has moved to distance itself from a viral Internet advert for its Guinness beer brand.
January may be the time to look forward to the coming year but few in the drinks industry will be eyeing the coming year with relish. However, given the pessimistic tone of virtually every market and ...
Drinks industry body the Portman Group has leapt to the defence of former chief executive Baroness Coussins over her active role in shaping drinks labelling legislation in the House of Lords....
Crown Imports has appointed Jim Sabia to the position of executive vice president of marketing in the US....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has maintained that it remains committed to the Chinese beer market, despite the sale of part of its stake in Tsingtao Brewery in the country....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said it will sell a 20% stake in China's Tsingtao Brewery to Japanese brewer Asahi for US$667m, as part of a range of planned disposals....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said it has completed pricing on a three-part bond, intended to help pay off short-term debt and assist in funding InBev's takeover of its US brewing rival....
InBev UK is to be the exclusive beer supplier to Wembey Arena, after signing a two-year deal with owner Quintain Estates and Development....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review