just the round-up - The week in drinks
This week InBev and Anheuser continue to keep the pages ticking over on just-drinks. Amongst the other stories at the top of the most read pages were reports on C&C, an interview with Carlsberg's CEO and news from Pepsi's marketing division.
BELGIUM: InBev stays quiet on closure of A-B deal
Belgian brewer InBev has refused to be drawn on reports it is close to sealing a deal with its takeover target Anheuser-Busch.
IRELAND: C&C revenues down on weak economy and weather
C&C Group has said that a weak quarter from its cider division has contributed to a drop in revenues for the group for the four months ended 30 June.
US: CEDC closes Russian Alcohol buy, ups FY guidance
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has completed its purchase of a stake in the Russian Alcohol Group, and has subsequently revised its full-year guidance upwards.
The just-drinks interview - Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen
Late last year, Carlsberg announced a change at the top, with Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen replacing Nils Smedegaard Andersen as CEO. Ten months into his tenure, Rasmussen has rarely been out of the headlines, most notably due to Carlsberg's long-running fight to buy Scottish & Newcastle. In this month's just-drinks interview, Olly Wehring quizzes Rasmussen about S&N, where he sees growth for the Denmark-based brewer and the current landscape in the global brewing industry.
UK: Brown-Forman dissolves European wine marketing team
Brown-Forman has dissolved its European wine marketing team as part of a major restructuring.
CBC - If you ask me... Drinks industry should brace for financial storm
The credit crunch, rising fuel bills and soaring commodity costs - few will be immune to this economic triple-blow. The food and drinks industries have remained relatively defiant in the belief they can ride out the inevitable downturn. However, Chris Brook-Carter wonders whether this optimism is misplaced in the face of this perfect storm?
Coca-Cola Amail has distanced itself from speculation linking it to a bid for Foster's Group, according to local reports.
RUSSIA: CEO quits Russian Standard
The CEO of Russian Standard has left the company, just-drinks has learnt.
US: Pepsi-Cola chief marketing officer resigns
Pepsi-Cola North America's senior chief marketing officer has tended her resignation with the company.
Whyte & Mackay has declined to comment on reports that it is considering a move for Glenmorangie's Glen Moray Distillery
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the pricing of its latest round of notes....
Rising costs have forced InBev Belgium, the local division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, to raise beer prices in the country, the brewer has said....
The UK arm of Inbev has confirmed that it intends to close the Stag brewery in London, owned by recently-acquired Anheuser-Busch....
Doosan Corp's divestment of its liquor business will cost acquirer Lotte Group KRW503bn (US$383.5m), according to a recent filing....
Carlsberg UK has formed a partnership with County Estate Management Pubs and Country Choice to offer an entry-level food concept as part of the 'Savour It' brand....
The head of a US-based finance group has tipped Anheuser-Busch InBev to be a good bet for investors in 2009....
The husband of a senior executive at financial pr firm Brunswick Group has been formally charged with orhestrating an insider trading racket that included Anheuser-Busch shares....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research