just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Diageo's plans for Bushmills
Diageo has unveiled an investment at Bushmills to increase production at the Irish whiskey unit.
Pernod Ricard has appointed Alexandre Ricard as the new CEO of its Dublin-based subsidiary Irish Distillers.
Bacardi hunting new CEO?
Bacardi has declined to comment on reports that it may be on the hunt for a new chief executive.
Diageo builds Captain Morgan distillery
Diageo has signed a public-private initiative with the US Virgin Islands Governor John P. deJongh, Jr. for the construction and operation of a high capacity distillery on the island of St. Croix.
Trouble at Belvedere
Belvédère is "working on various solutions" to correct an issue that has led to its voluntary trading suspension.
Nestle's US product recall
Nestle Waters has recalled its one-gallon Nestle Pure Life purified drinking water as a result of possible contamination in the US.
SABMiller has declined to comment on reports that it has held talks with Mexico's Grupo Modelo to consider a merger between the two brewers.
InBev launches Stella Artois variant
InBev has confirmed full details of the impending launch of Stella Artois 4% abv in the UK.
Maxxium CEO quits
The CEO of Maxxium Worldwide has announced his intention to quit the marketing and distribution company, just-drinks can exclusively reveal.
Anheuser-Busch says no to InBev
Anheuser-Busch has rejected InBev's takeover offer, with the Belgian brewer also setting the scene for a possible hostile takeover move.
Not surprisingly perhaps it is the effects of the global economic downturn that have dominated the wine pages of just-drinks over the past year. Richard Woodard reviews a difficult year for the intern...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Christmas is naturally a time when alcohol retailers, pubs and restaurants do well but it is also a time of aggressive price promotion among retailers. Chris Losh bemoans the damage being done to the ...
The brewing sector has seen steady consolidation in recent years and 2008 was certainly no exception. Olly Wehring reviews a year which began with the protracted takeover of S&N by Heineken and Carlsb...
Diageo has lined up a sponsorship slot in the UK with satellite television channel Film4....
Scotch whisky producers remain optimistic as the spreading economic flu bug sees the industry facing its first rocky period for several years....
Diageo has appointed Michael Patten to the new role of global public policy director, set to encompass international trade, tax and market access issues....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018