just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Diageo's plans for Bushmills
Diageo has unveiled an investment at Bushmills to increase production at the Irish whiskey unit.
Pernod Ricard has appointed Alexandre Ricard as the new CEO of its Dublin-based subsidiary Irish Distillers.
Bacardi hunting new CEO?
Bacardi has declined to comment on reports that it may be on the hunt for a new chief executive.
Diageo builds Captain Morgan distillery
Diageo has signed a public-private initiative with the US Virgin Islands Governor John P. deJongh, Jr. for the construction and operation of a high capacity distillery on the island of St. Croix.
Trouble at Belvedere
Belvédère is "working on various solutions" to correct an issue that has led to its voluntary trading suspension.
Nestle's US product recall
Nestle Waters has recalled its one-gallon Nestle Pure Life purified drinking water as a result of possible contamination in the US.
SABMiller has declined to comment on reports that it has held talks with Mexico's Grupo Modelo to consider a merger between the two brewers.
InBev launches Stella Artois variant
InBev has confirmed full details of the impending launch of Stella Artois 4% abv in the UK.
Maxxium CEO quits
The CEO of Maxxium Worldwide has announced his intention to quit the marketing and distribution company, just-drinks can exclusively reveal.
Anheuser-Busch says no to InBev
Anheuser-Busch has rejected InBev's takeover offer, with the Belgian brewer also setting the scene for a possible hostile takeover move.
Not surprisingly perhaps it is the effects of the global economic downturn that have dominated the wine pages of just-drinks over the past year. Richard Woodard reviews a difficult year for the intern...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Christmas is naturally a time when alcohol retailers, pubs and restaurants do well but it is also a time of aggressive price promotion among retailers. Chris Losh bemoans the damage being done to the ...
The brewing sector has seen steady consolidation in recent years and 2008 was certainly no exception. Olly Wehring reviews a year which began with the protracted takeover of S&N by Heineken and Carlsb...
Diageo has lined up a sponsorship slot in the UK with satellite television channel Film4....
Scotch whisky producers remain optimistic as the spreading economic flu bug sees the industry facing its first rocky period for several years....
Diageo has appointed Michael Patten to the new role of global public policy director, set to encompass international trade, tax and market access issues....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- A-B InBev cuts ribbon on Vietnam brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review