just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Stolichnaya ready for sale?
SPI is investigating the sale of its global vodka brand Stolichnaya, according to reports.
InBev has upped the pressure on the board of Anheuser Busch to accept its takeover offer following press reports the US giant is in negotiations with Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo.
Glenfiddich releases Michael Jackson whisky
Glenfiddich is to launch a new release of its Glenfiddich Rare Collection 40 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky in honour of whisky writer and broadcaster Michael Jackson, who passed away in the summer of 2007 aged 65.
Brown-Forman prohibition celebration
Brown-Forman is to hold a six-month long celebration of the 75th anniversary of the end of prohibition.
Carlsberg targets savings, closures
Carlsberg is looking to spend in the region of DKK1bn (US$207.5m) on centralising its business model in Western Europe.
Campari on acquisition hunt?
Italian drinks group Campari is looking at buying opportunities in the spirits sector, a spokesperson said today (18 June), fuelling reports that it is monitoring the possible sale of Russia's Stolinchnaya vodka.
Diageo NA appointments
Diageo has appointed Debra Kelly-Ennis, currently chief marketing officer of Diageo North America, as president of Diageo Canada, with effect from 1 September.
'Gay' wine for France
The first French wine to be marketed specifically for the gay community will go on sale in France next month.
Crown Imports readies Corona Latino push
Corona Extra is to debut a new national advertising campaign highlighting the success Latinos have experienced in the US.
Back to basics for Cott Corp.
Cott Corporation has confirmed its intention to refocus solely on private label beverages, while also appointing a new chairman.
Central European Distribution Organisation, the wine and spirits group, has said it has signed a deal to refinance its short-term debt, enabling it to continue investing in key growth markets....
Diageo has recruited Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton alongside rival Mika Häkkinen for anti-drink drive campaign in the UK....
Diageo Great Britain has reported strong growth in off-trade wine & spirits volumes in the countdown to Christmas....
Diageo has lined up a brace of television adverts in the US for its Crown Royal Canadian blended whisky brand....
Maxxium UK has added a new figure to The Famous Grouse television campaign....
Pernod Ricard has replaced the 14-year-old version of its Scapa Scotch whisky brand with a 16-year-old variant....
Diageo, the global drinks giant, has launched and priced a EUR1bn fixed-rate bond under its European Debt Issuance Programme....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review