just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Stolichnaya ready for sale?
SPI is investigating the sale of its global vodka brand Stolichnaya, according to reports.
InBev has upped the pressure on the board of Anheuser Busch to accept its takeover offer following press reports the US giant is in negotiations with Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo.
Glenfiddich releases Michael Jackson whisky
Glenfiddich is to launch a new release of its Glenfiddich Rare Collection 40 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky in honour of whisky writer and broadcaster Michael Jackson, who passed away in the summer of 2007 aged 65.
Brown-Forman prohibition celebration
Brown-Forman is to hold a six-month long celebration of the 75th anniversary of the end of prohibition.
Carlsberg targets savings, closures
Carlsberg is looking to spend in the region of DKK1bn (US$207.5m) on centralising its business model in Western Europe.
Campari on acquisition hunt?
Italian drinks group Campari is looking at buying opportunities in the spirits sector, a spokesperson said today (18 June), fuelling reports that it is monitoring the possible sale of Russia's Stolinchnaya vodka.
Diageo NA appointments
Diageo has appointed Debra Kelly-Ennis, currently chief marketing officer of Diageo North America, as president of Diageo Canada, with effect from 1 September.
'Gay' wine for France
The first French wine to be marketed specifically for the gay community will go on sale in France next month.
Crown Imports readies Corona Latino push
Corona Extra is to debut a new national advertising campaign highlighting the success Latinos have experienced in the US.
Back to basics for Cott Corp.
Cott Corporation has confirmed its intention to refocus solely on private label beverages, while also appointing a new chairman.
Central European Distribution Organisation, the wine and spirits group, has said it has signed a deal to refinance its short-term debt, enabling it to continue investing in key growth markets....
Diageo has recruited Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton alongside rival Mika Häkkinen for anti-drink drive campaign in the UK....
Diageo Great Britain has reported strong growth in off-trade wine & spirits volumes in the countdown to Christmas....
Diageo has lined up a brace of television adverts in the US for its Crown Royal Canadian blended whisky brand....
Maxxium UK has added a new figure to The Famous Grouse television campaign....
Pernod Ricard has replaced the 14-year-old version of its Scapa Scotch whisky brand with a 16-year-old variant....
Diageo, the global drinks giant, has launched and priced a EUR1bn fixed-rate bond under its European Debt Issuance Programme....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research