just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Lion Nathan secures US presence
Lion Nathan has secured a long-term import presence for its wine portfolio in the US.
Constellation revamps Kumala
Constellation Europe is looking to "revitalise" its South African wine brand Kumala in the UK.
Khoday India gets 'Peter Scot' whisky clearance
Khoday India has been given the legal all-clear to use the name 'Peter Scot' for its whisky brand in India.
Anheuser-Busch has declined to comment on reports suggesting current CEO August Busch IV has insisted that a takeover of the brewer would not occur "on my watch".
Leading Brands losses worsen in FY
Leading Brands has posted a slip in sales and a rise in net losses for its latest fiscal year.
Beer is the problem in Australia
Australians who consume alcohol at dangerous levels drink eight times more beer than any other alcoholic product, according to research released today (3 June).
A-B, Labatt extend Bud Light NHL tie-up
Anheuser-Busch and Labatt Breweries have extended the sponsorship agreement between the NHL and A-B's Bud Light beer brand.
Scotch whisky regulations - another category?
Consultation on the proposed new Scotch Whisky regulations has taken an unexpected and dramatic turn, with the suggestion for a controversial sixth sales category.
Diageo looks for spirit purchase drivers
Research by Diageo Great Britain has identified what the company believes are five defined drivers that will attract new consumers by giving the trade guidance on the best ways to promote spirits.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has posted a lift in sales and profits for its first quarter since separating from Cadbury Schweppes.
The Australian drinks industry has certainly experienced a shake-up in the last week following Coca-Cola Amatil's rebuffal of Lion Nathan's A$7.7bn (US$4.75bn) takeover bid. The offer, which Lion Nath...
Magners Cider was a phenomenal, but seemingly short-lived, brand success story. As C&C Group seeks to recover from the boom and bust experience that befell its cider brand, it is looking to its spirit...
Morrison Bowmore is to re-release the 1957 vintage of its Auchentoshan single malt, which will retail at £2,500 (US$3,837) per bottle....
A U-turn by the UK government on this week's alcohol duty increase has split the spirits and wine industries in the country....
Diageo has confirmed reports that it has won a piracy case in China....
Tilaknagar Industries has lined up the construction of a new distillery in the Maharashtra region of India, according to local reports....
The spirits industry in the UK has attacked the latest duty increase introduced in the country in an attempt to ward off the global economic crisis....
The Edrington Group has lined up the launch of the fifth and final Ambassador's cask from its Highland Park Scotch whisky brand....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research