just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
CEDC completes Whitehall purchase
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has closed its acquisition of a 49.9% voting interest and a 75% economic interest in the Whitehall Group.
The UK-listed brewer SABMiller saw its share index soar 6% this morning (27 May) following reports that InBev had considered making a bid for it.
Diageo brands, Guinness and Bushmills, have been announced as commercial partners of the British & Irish Lions Tour of South Africa in 2009.
The Famous Grouse brings Black Grouse to UK
The Famous Grouse is launching its Swedish best seller The Black Grouse in the UK from June, the company said today (28 May).
Otsuka buys into Alma
Otsuka Pharmaceutical has signed an agreement to purchase a 49% stake in Alma, which produces Cristaline, France's leading bottled mineral water brand.
The Coca-Cola Co. upbeat on 2008
The Coca-Cola Co has expressed continued confidence in the company's global business outlook for the second quarter and full year 2008.
Coca-Cola Enterprises downbeat on Q2
Coca-Cola Enterprises is expecting a mid to high single-digit drop in its comparable second quarter earnings per share as a result of the weak American economy.
The prospective head of Pernod Ricard has warned that there could be a reduction in the number of flavoured editions of the Absolut vodka brand going forward.
InBev looks for India presence uplift
InBev has confirmed that it is in talks to up its presence in India.
Purchase only way to grow Champagne - Pernod Ricard
The head of Pernod Ricard has suggested that the French group may look to acquire extra vines or wines in the Champagne region going forward.
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Central European Distribution Corporation, SABMiller, Diageo, Guinness, The Coca-Cola Company, The Famous Grouse, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Pernod Ricard, Absolut, Ricard
A tangled web of tax and regulations across Indian states remains a major barrier to beer market growth in the country, the head of SABMiller India has said....
Enterprise Inns has issued an apology to Carlsberg over claims it was delisting the lager in UK pubs and restaurants, according to reports....
MillerCoors has appointed San Antonio-based Bromley Communications as its Hispanic media planning and buying agency in the US....
Anheuser-Busch is launching the second wave of a US$50m advertising campaign for its Bud Light brand in the US....
Anheuser-Busch's stake in a brewer in China would appear to be one of the more likely divestments following the US company's sale to InBev last week, according to an analyst....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up a rights issue to help fund the newly-named company's recent acquisition of Anheuser-Busch....
SABMiller and United Breweries have jointly filed a lawsuit against the government of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends