just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Champagne sales in Q1
Champagne sales were flat in the first quarter of 2008, marking an end to the strong growth trend of recent years, figures from the Union des Maisons de Champagne (UMC) have shown.
Molson Coors Q1
Molson Coors has declared itself "very pleased" with its strong showing in the first quarter of this year.
PepsiCo's plastic revolution
Pepsi is launching a reduced plastic non-carbonated beverage bottle in the US in a bid to eliminate approximately 20m pounds of waste from the environment.
Carlsberg has posted a slower start to 2008, in what the brewer has described as a "modest" quarter traditionally.
Boston Beer Q1
The Boston Beer Company has seen its voluntary product recall turn profit to loss in the first quarter.
Diageo trading update
Diageo has reported that organic net sales growth for the nine months to the end of March were in line with the company's performance in the first half of the year.
Tax rise proposal in Australia
Following a 70% tax hike on the ready-to-drink category (RTDs) in Australia, an even higher increase on beer and wine duties is thought to be in the pipeline.
InBev has reported that weak performance in three out of four BRIC countries has brought total volumes down in the first quarter of 2008.
Diageo unveils Guinness plans
Diageo is to invest EUR650m (US$1bn) in its brewery infrastructure in Ireland, including the building of what will be its largest brewery. However, the company also said it would be closing two other breweries as a result.
Coca-Cola Co. in Kenya
Global soft drink giant Coca-Cola has announced it is to invest US$50m in the expansion and up-scaling of its bottling lines across Kenya.
Scroll down to view the top 10 stories published on just-drinks this week....
Baltika Breweries, the leading Russian brewer, has reported sales and profit rises for the first nine months of 2008, lifted by a growing export business....
An economic slowdown has caused more US consumers to trade down on drinks, but figures show that the premium spirits category remains buoyant, Diageo executives have said....
MillerCoors plans to cut up to 350 jobs over the next six months, as part of a the brewer's cost savings plan....
Molson Coors has revealed that it has acquired "exposure" to 5% of Foster's shares, amid speculation that the Australian beer and wine group may be sold....
Carlsberg is hoping to find a Yorkshire-based partner in the UK to help with the production of its Tetley's ale brand in the country....
Slower western beer markets have forced Carlsberg to cut its earnings forecast for the full-year, despite announcing sales and profit rises for the year-to-date....
Molson Coors has reported a 28% rise in net income for its third quarter....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Newcastle Brown Ale to lose caramel colouring
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review