just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Beam Global eyeing acquisitions
The head of Beam Global Spirits & Wine has said the company has "a lot of dry powder", and will consider other acquisitions following its failure to capture Vin & Sprit earlier this month.
UB Group exposes WTO tax brick wall
The head of India's UB Group has warned that the ongoing struggle against higher taxes on imported spirits into the country cannot be resolved through the World Trade Organisation.
LVMH reveals Q1 results
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the world's leading luxury group, said today (16 April) that it had achieved revenues of EUR4 billion (US$6.37bn) in the first quarter of 2008, up 5% on the same period last year.
United Spirits ponders energy drink sector
United Spirits is contemplating a move into the energy drink sector in India an effort to boost vodka sales, according to local reports.
Scotch - yet to reach full potential
Malt whisky continues to outpace the growth of blended Scotch and its leading brands are putting in stellar performances. But as a new report from just-drinks explains, a closer look reveals a category still underperforming with issues of pricing, image and availability threatening its future.
Danone reports Q1 results
Groupe Danone has posted a healthy lift in first quarter sales, driven in part by rising revenues from its waters division.
Belvedere launches diamond pick
Belvedere Vodka has teamed up with Jade Jagger to launch an 18-carat white gold ice pick, studded with 12-carats of cut diamonds.
SABMiller discloses FY figures
SABMiller has reported that sales for the 12 months to the end of March have been at the top end of its expectations, as the company benefited from what it described as "successful revenue management and enhanced productivity" as well as favourable exchange rates in some of its major countries.
Belvedere talks over Russian distillery
Belvédère Group has confirmed it has held talks with a major distillery in Russia in an effort to "strengthen its position in the vodka market".
The head of United Breweries has said that there "shouldn't be any roadblocks" in his company's negotiations with Heineken over a stake in the Indian company.
Whyte & Mackay has launched a new GBP1m (US$1.7m) advertising campaign for its Vladivar vodka brand in the UK....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is looking to raise money for a prostate cancer charity in the US through its Canadian Club whisky brand....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is looking to boost its presence in the US cocktail market, after signing a new partnership with UK supplier funkin....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
French Luxury good group LVMH has reported a 2% revenue drop in its wine and spirits division for the first nine months of 2008....
Maxxium has launched a limited edition Christmas pack for The Edrington Group's Famous Grouse Scotch whisky brand in the UK off-trade....
The wines division of United Spirits Limited (USL), a subsidiary of Vijay Mallya's UB Group, is planning to improve long-term partnerships with grape growers by offering them shares in the company....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up the launch of the latest limited edition of its Courvoisier Erté collection of Cognac....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research