just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Italian sparkling wine sales
Sales of Italian sparkling wine rose markedly last year, according to recently-released figures.
Pink Spirits appointment in US
The Pink Spirits Co. has hired a manager for the south eastern region of the US to meet its "growing demand and expanding distribution".
SABMiller's Indian investment
SABMiller is looking to consolidate its Indian brewing operations in the coming years.
V&S sparks US/Mexico row
Vin & Sprit has moved to stave off a possible boycott of Absolut vodka in the US, by pulling a controversial advert in neighbouring Mexico.
SABMiller, Molson Coors EU green light
SABMiller and Molson Coors have received clearance from the European Commission for their joint venture in the US and Puerto Rico.
Davide Campari-Milano ponders Vin & Sprit offcuts
Coca-Cola US vintage launch
Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) has introduced a limited edition vintage Coca-Cola bottle based on a design used in the early twentieth century.
Bacardi, United Spirits talks denied
United Spirits and Bacardi have both denied press speculation that they are in talks over Bacardi buying a stake in the Indian spirits company.
Carlsberg's Indian expansion
Carlsberg has confirmed plans to build two new breweries in India, through its South Asia Breweries joint venture in the country.
San Miguel IPO - more bad news
The saga of San Miguel's planned IPO for its beer unit has taken another turn for the worse, according to reports.
Rising consumer interest in speciality beers presents definite opportunities for the dark beer category, writes Catherine Mars of Euromonitor International....
SABMiller has said it has "no plans" to launch its Redd's flavoured beer brand in the UK, contrary to reports this week....
Skyy Spirits has launched a new corporate website....
Italian drinks group Campari has begun building a new factory to produce spirits brands in Brazil....
Some of the drinks industry's biggest names are thought to be eyeing Australian group Foster's, just-drinks understands....
Brewblog, the drinks industry news blog sponsored by MillerCoors, is to be shut down because it no longer fits with the company's communication strategy....
SABMiller is re-organising parts of its business in India, as it prepares to launch a new beer in the country....
US premium drinks group Skyy Spirits, part of the Campari group, has announced the promotion of Gerry Ruvo to the position of chairman....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research