just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Italian sparkling wine sales
Sales of Italian sparkling wine rose markedly last year, according to recently-released figures.
Pink Spirits appointment in US
The Pink Spirits Co. has hired a manager for the south eastern region of the US to meet its "growing demand and expanding distribution".
SABMiller's Indian investment
SABMiller is looking to consolidate its Indian brewing operations in the coming years.
V&S sparks US/Mexico row
Vin & Sprit has moved to stave off a possible boycott of Absolut vodka in the US, by pulling a controversial advert in neighbouring Mexico.
SABMiller, Molson Coors EU green light
SABMiller and Molson Coors have received clearance from the European Commission for their joint venture in the US and Puerto Rico.
Davide Campari-Milano ponders Vin & Sprit offcuts
Coca-Cola US vintage launch
Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) has introduced a limited edition vintage Coca-Cola bottle based on a design used in the early twentieth century.
Bacardi, United Spirits talks denied
United Spirits and Bacardi have both denied press speculation that they are in talks over Bacardi buying a stake in the Indian spirits company.
Carlsberg's Indian expansion
Carlsberg has confirmed plans to build two new breweries in India, through its South Asia Breweries joint venture in the country.
San Miguel IPO - more bad news
The saga of San Miguel's planned IPO for its beer unit has taken another turn for the worse, according to reports.
Rising consumer interest in speciality beers presents definite opportunities for the dark beer category, writes Catherine Mars of Euromonitor International....
SABMiller has said it has "no plans" to launch its Redd's flavoured beer brand in the UK, contrary to reports this week....
Skyy Spirits has launched a new corporate website....
Italian drinks group Campari has begun building a new factory to produce spirits brands in Brazil....
Some of the drinks industry's biggest names are thought to be eyeing Australian group Foster's, just-drinks understands....
Brewblog, the drinks industry news blog sponsored by MillerCoors, is to be shut down because it no longer fits with the company's communication strategy....
SABMiller is re-organising parts of its business in India, as it prepares to launch a new beer in the country....
US premium drinks group Skyy Spirits, part of the Campari group, has announced the promotion of Gerry Ruvo to the position of chairman....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research