just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Bacardi readies mojito RTD
Bacardi has launched a RTD mojito cocktail in the US, made with its namesake rum brand.
Diageo is lining up a packaging revamp of its Tanqueray gin brand, just-drinks understands.
Heineken prepares Czech purchase
Heineken has announced plans to acquire Drinks Union in the Czech Republic.
Diageo and Ketel One
The US authorities have asked Diageo for additional information before approving the drinks company's partnership with the Nolet family.
Fortune Brands preps Vin & Sprit sale?
Fortune Brands has refused to be drawn on speculation claiming the company has taken a partner in its bid to acquire Vin & Sprit.
Coca-Cola Co. and Illycaffe
The Coca-Cola Co. and Illycaffè have finalised their global joint venture, kickstarting it with the launch of three premium RTD coffee products across a number of European markets.
Red Bull and cola?
Red Bull is preparing to launch a natural cola drink in seven countries, local reports have suggested.
Pesticides in wine claims
An environmental group has found wines containing levels of pesticides, up to 5,800 times that of tap water.
Carlsberg's Turkish sale
Carlsberg has lined up the sale of Türk Tuborg Bira ve Malt Sanayi in Turkey.
Vin & Sprit - the latest
The sale of the Swedish state-owned makers of Absolut Vodka, Vin & Sprit, is progressing "according to plan", as speculation mounts that a buyer will be named in the coming weeks.
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
Diageo has launched a website designed to promote responsible drinking globally....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Robert Probst as senior vice president and chief financial officer....
The Marin Institute has attacked alcohol companies in the US for failing to provide an adequate complaint system for advertising in the country....
Diageo has lined up the rollout of a limited edition variant from its Bundaberg stable in Australia....
Diageo has launched a 'nautical' extension of its Talisker Scotch whisky portfolio....
Constellation Brands has said that Andrey Grumondz will be the wine giant's first sales director to be based in Russia, as it looks to boost wine sales in the country....
The Glenmorangie Company has lined up the sale of its Glen Moray distillery in Scotland to French spirits company La Martiniquaise....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends