just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Pernod Ricard has announced plans to cease distribution of Campari International's brands in southern Central Europe.
William Grant's global revamp
William Grant & Sons has lined up a sizeable investment for a packaging revamp of its flagship Grant's Scotch whisky brand.
Cadbury Schweppes' demerger plans
Cadbury Schweppes has confirmed a timescale for the proposed demerger of its US soft drinks business.
Anheuser-Busch chief's 2007 salary
The head of Anheuser-Busch took home over US$12m in 2007, according to a recent filing.
UK Budget hammers drinks industry
Taxes on alcohol in the UK have been raised markedly in today's (12 March) Budget announcement.
Foster's group has announced the addition of a former Diageo executive to its board of directors.
Purple Beverage increases US footprint
Purple Beverage Company has signed a distribution agreement with Haralambos Beverage Company for the placement of its Purple soft drinks brand in outlets in Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside counties.
Research details growth options for soft drinks
Newer beverage lines continue to drive growth in the US soft drink market, which enlarged by 1.3% in 2007, according to figures released this week.
Champagne region revamp announced
To a backdrop of growing global demand, the national committee of French AOC validating body, the INAO, has unanimously approved a project to enlarge the production zone of Champagne which until now has been restricted by legislation dating back to 1927.
CEDC Parliament buy progresses
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has closed its acquisition of an 85% interest in Copecresto Enterprises Limited, which owns the Parliament vodka trademarks in Russia and abroad.
Diageo appears to be making light of the economic downturn, turning in highly respectable year-end figures late last month, but some brands performed better than others. In the second part of this spe...
Amidst the doom and despond of the economic downturn, Diageo demonstrated its power and resilience by turning in full-year sales and profit growth. In the first of a special, two-part just-drinks inte...
It's been a tough week for global distributor Maxxium, whose future now hangs in the balance following deals to secure the departures of Pernod Ricard and Rémy Cointreau last week....
Beam Global Wine & Spirits has finished a busy week trumpeting the opportunity to cease back "full and clear control" of its various businesses....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Scotch whisky group Whyte & Mackay has unveiled a new travel retail director as the group looks to increase its focus on the sector....
Pernod Ricard has signed a new deal for its malt brand The Glenlivet to sponsor a themed night on the Golf Channel in the US....
Pernod Ricard is to take its newly-acquired Vin & Sprit brands, including Absolut vodka, out of the Maxxium Worldwide network next month, prompting a global re-organisation of the distribution venture...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts