just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Vin & Sprit's rap link for Absolut
Vin & Sprit has announced a collaboration with Grammy-winning rap star Kanye West for its vodka brand Absolut in the US.
Pernod Ricard has lined up a second level of investment for its Champagne units.
Scottish & Newcastle's final FY results
Scottish & Newcastle has delivered what could be its last set of full-year results as an independent entity.
Fortune Brands heads up race for V&S
Fortune Brands is the favourite of four remaining candidates to buy state-owned Vin & Sprit, according to sources in Stockholm.
Heineken's full-year results
Heineken has seen its full-year profits take a hammering following a ruling last year that it had been part of a cartel in the Netherlands.
Diageo farms out brands in UK
Diageo has handed the sales, distribution and marketing of two of its smaller spirits brands in the UK to Global Brands.
SABMiller has been moved to issue a statement following speculation that it may tender a counterbid for Scottish & Newcastle.
Tesco pushes for alcohol price talks
The drinks industry in the UK has cautiously welcomed Tesco's call for a ban on the sale of cut-price alcohol in the country's off-trade.
Anheuser-Busch reaffirms long-term goals
Anheuser-Bush has reaffirmed its earnings forecast this year, noting that it will look to focus on its domestic performance in 2008.
Grupo Modelo's FY results
Grupo Modelo has posted a slight lift in full-year net profit, as rising commodity costs made their presence felt.
Maxxium has readied the release of the latest variant of Absolut vodka for the UK....
Pernod Ricard has said the first stage of an upgrade to facilities at its Champagne Mumm winery will be ready for the new harvest....
Pernod Ricard has said it hopes to have completed the sale of Scotch whisky distillery Glendronach by September....
Pernod Ricard has released a summer-based pack offer for its Malibu rum brand in the UK....
Pernod Ricard has unveiled an addition to The Glenlivet portfolio in the US....
Stolichnaya vodka is not for sale, but brand owner SPI Group is in negotiations to form new distribution agreements in key markets, minority shareholder Andrey Skurikhin has told just-drinks....
Thirty five of the world's 100 largest-selling spirits brands by volume are Asian, according to new research....
A bid by US firm Frank Pesce International Group for the global rights to Stolichnaya vodka has been rejected by brand owner SPI, just-drinks understands....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research