just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
LVMH out of Vin & Sprit running
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has confirmed that it will not bid for Swedish state-owned Vin & Sprit.
Bacardi promotion for Puerto Rico
Bacardi has announced the pending retirement of the president of its Puerto Rican operations, and the promotion of a Bacardi family member to the post.
Scottish & Newcastle brewery closure
Scottish & Newcastle has announced its intention to close its Berkshire brewery in the next two years.
Vin & Sprit false figures row
Vin & Sprit has shrugged off reports that the Swedish state exaggerated its prospective results in a prospectus used to promote the sale of the company.
US wine heirs in the dark
Over half of western US wineries will transition to new ownership in the next ten years, according to industry research.
Bacardi, Brown-Forman and Rémy Cointreau are expanding their distribution alliance in the US to include California and Texas.
Diageo half-year results
Diageo has conceded that it made a "mistake" in South Korea, but maintains that the future still looks promising for its operations in Asia Pacific.
Pernod Ricard was reported to have spent US$1.3m lobbying the US government on issues including trade with Cuba in the last year.
Belvedere Group 2007 sales
Belvédère has seen acquisitions in 2007 drive sales for the year to record highs.
Heineken French Web punishment
Heineken has lost its appeal against an order to remove all publicity from its French website.
In its elegant decanter, Patrón is a symbol of the maturing Tequila market. Its traditional 'shooter and slammer' image is long gone and in its place is a much more sophisticated drink now sipped by s...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Thirty five of the world's 100 largest-selling spirits brands by volume are Asian, according to new research....
Bacardi has confirmed a change of leadership at the family-owned drinks company. Facundo Bacardi, the Bermuda-based company's chairman, announced today (4 August) that Seamus McBride will replace Andr...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The first Bacardi Store opened on Bay Street in downtown Nassau, Bahamas yesterday (31 July)....
French luxury goods firm LVMH has announced a 5% sales rise for its first half, with wine and spirits brands showing a strong recovery in the second quarter....
Bacardi has acquired a "significant" - albeit unspecified - minority stake in The Patrón Spirits Company....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review