just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
InBev, Anheuser-Busch tie-up?
Rumours have surfaced yet again that InBev and Anheuser-Busch are in talks over a possible merger.
Pernod Ricard Sherry, brandy sale
Pernod Ricard's Spanish unit has lined up the sale of 14 Sherry and brandy brands to Osborne.
Australia's wine grape growers
Wine Grape Growers Australia (WGGA) has advised growers, who are suffering from low wine grape prices coming in below production costs, to begin pricing disputes with wineries to force a review of the matter.
Costco-branded craft beers
Costco has announced plans to sell it own brand of craft beers across the US, according to reports.
Diageo, Ketel One and Absolut
Diageo and the Nolet family are to form a new company owning the exclusive global rights to sell, market and distribute Ketel One vodka, in a move that confirms Diageo is out of the running in the sale of Vin & Sprit.
Edrington Group rum acquisition
The Edrington Group has acquired a majority shareholding in Brugal Co, in a move that expands the Scotch whisky company's offering into the rum category.
LVMH full-year record
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has reported record sales for 2007, with its wine and spirits unit delivering double-digit profit growth.
Constellation Brands and Beam Estate sale
Constellation Brands has stayed silent on reports that it may be selling three of its Beam Wine Estate wineries as well as 1,000 acres of vineyards in Sonoma County in the US.
Diageo adds to rum portfolio
Diageo has been granted a three year global distribution and joint marketing deal by Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala group of companies for the Zacapa rum brand.
Coca-Cola Amatil, SABMiller brewery build
Coca-Cola Amatil and SABMiller have announced plans to build a new brewery in Australia.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research