just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
InBev, Anheuser-Busch tie-up?
Rumours have surfaced yet again that InBev and Anheuser-Busch are in talks over a possible merger.
Pernod Ricard Sherry, brandy sale
Pernod Ricard's Spanish unit has lined up the sale of 14 Sherry and brandy brands to Osborne.
Australia's wine grape growers
Wine Grape Growers Australia (WGGA) has advised growers, who are suffering from low wine grape prices coming in below production costs, to begin pricing disputes with wineries to force a review of the matter.
Costco-branded craft beers
Costco has announced plans to sell it own brand of craft beers across the US, according to reports.
Diageo, Ketel One and Absolut
Diageo and the Nolet family are to form a new company owning the exclusive global rights to sell, market and distribute Ketel One vodka, in a move that confirms Diageo is out of the running in the sale of Vin & Sprit.
Edrington Group rum acquisition
The Edrington Group has acquired a majority shareholding in Brugal Co, in a move that expands the Scotch whisky company's offering into the rum category.
LVMH full-year record
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has reported record sales for 2007, with its wine and spirits unit delivering double-digit profit growth.
Constellation Brands and Beam Estate sale
Constellation Brands has stayed silent on reports that it may be selling three of its Beam Wine Estate wineries as well as 1,000 acres of vineyards in Sonoma County in the US.
Diageo adds to rum portfolio
Diageo has been granted a three year global distribution and joint marketing deal by Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala group of companies for the Zacapa rum brand.
Coca-Cola Amatil, SABMiller brewery build
Coca-Cola Amatil and SABMiller have announced plans to build a new brewery in Australia.
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute