just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
2007 spirits sales in the US
Vodka continued its surge in the US market in 2007, and distilled spirit sales overall in the country grew for the eighth straight year, up 5.6% in value and 2.4% in volume, according to figures released by the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) late last week.
InBev in India
InBev's joint venture in India has lined up a green field site in the country, according to local reports.
Diageo and Rosenblum Cellars
Diageo has entered into a deal to acquire Californian winery Rosenblum Cellars.
Vin & Sprit
Vin & Sprit has declined to comment on claims that it would prefer Swedish investment company Investor as its future owner.
Last week's announcement that Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) had finally agreed to recommend Carlsberg and Heineken's joint GBP7.8bn (US$15.5bn) takeover offer signalled the latest and possibly final chapter in the four-month saga. Olly Wehring reports on what the consortium partners will be getting for their money.
Diageo's "affordable indulgence"
The head of Diageo has played down fears that the drinks company could be negatively hit by ongoing uncertainty on the world's stock markets.
Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers unit has begun legal action against rival Irish whiskey producer Cooley Distillery.
German beer sales
Beer consumption in Germany has hit its lowest level for 15 years, according to recent statistics.
PepsiAmericas' full-year results
PepsiAmericas has unveiled a strong set of results for 2007.
SABMiller and power cuts in South Africa
SABMiller has answered reports that power cuts will threaten its trade in South Africa by admitting that, despite a negative effect on sales being "inevitable", business in the country will continue.
In the end, the fall of Anheuser-Busch to a sweetened bid from InBev has been far swifter than most commentators expected. And, after close to 150 years of proud independence, the King of Beers will h...
Given the consolidation trend in the global beer market it was not likely to be that long before another mega-deal came along. InBev's move for US giant Anheuser-Busch was not unexpected though the co...
Pernod Ricard has announced it has completed its €5.69bn acquisition of Absolut vodka owner Vin & Sprit, after receiving the green light from EU competition authorities....
Carlsberg has taken control of three European beer brands in the UK, following the completion of its purchase of Scottish & Newcastle....
US stock car racer Jamie McMurray is to get behind the wheel of a taxi as part of a campaign with Diageo's Crown Royal Canadian whisky....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
Anheuser-Busch has seen price increases in the US buoy its figures in the latest quarter....
Carlsberg has sold its stakes in two breweries for a combined value of around US$116m....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future