just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Diageo and Ciroc
Diageo has promoted its responsible drinking message across the US by using its alliance between its Ciroc vodka brand and Sean Diddy Combs during a recent boxing match.
Diageo in Eastern Europe
Diageo has appointed a new general manager for Eastern Europe.
PET bottle for wine industry
PET Engineering has collaborated with US-based Constar International to design and produce full-sized PET wine bottles.
Scottish & Newcastle and Stassen
Scottish & Newcastle has sold Belgium-based Stassen ciders back to the family that originally sold the company.
UK binge drinking on the slide
The number of people in the UK that are drinking alcohol irresponsibly has fallen, according to figures from the Office for National Statistics.
Constellation Brands' wine sale
Constellation Brands has lined up the sale of two wine brands and a winery to The Wine Group.
Pernod Ricard has posted a healthy lift in sales for the first half of its fiscal year.
The sale of Scottish & Newcastle to Carlsberg and Heineken has begun.
The auction for Vin & Sprit has begun, according to reports.
Vranken-Pommery Monopole FY sales
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has posted a steady lift in sales for 2007.
In spite of pressure from campaigners over the environmental impact of rising bottled water sales, per capita consumption continues to rise in the UK. And, writes Annette Farr, the recent mains water ...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
National Beverage Corp has seen soaring raw material costs hit its fourth quarter and full year net income, despite a rise in sales revenues....
Hardys is unveiling two new wines and a new look for its brand....
Gaymer Cider Company is to invest GBP1.2m (US$2.4m) in a through-the-line marketing campaign for its Blackthorn cider brand in the UK, upping the product's presence in sport in the south-west....
Diageo Australia is investing A$400,000 (US$328,000) in Johnnie Walker brand activity for Father's Day....
Redux Beverages is to repackage its Cocaine brand. The move comes only months after the product was withdrawn and relaunched following pressure from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)....
Diageo has increased the media spend for its Smirnoff vodka brand in the UK by 70%....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts