Just the round-up – The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp (Sabeco) is looking for a foreign brewer to invest in the Vietnamese company, according to local reports.
Kobrand Corp. has split its wine and spirits portfolio into two separate sales and marketing companies.
FutureBrands has announced changes to its management team, involving the departure of its CEO. The board of the distribution company for Beam Global Spirits & Wine and Absolut Spirits, said on Friday (11 January), that its CEO, Steve Bellini, will leave the company at the end of next month to "pursue personal interests".
Spirits good, beer bad in 2008
The future bodes well for spirits companies, according to an analyst, although brewers will find 2008 tough going as commodity prices remain high.
Pepsi-Cola North America is joining forces with online retailer Amazon.com in a major promotion which allows consumers buying special packs of Pepsi brands to download music from Amazon MP3 for free.
C&C has posted yet another slide in sales, this time for its third quarter.
Diageo has been forced to apologise to the organisers of a Scotch whisky awards, for voting repeatedly for its own brands.
Starbucks and PepsiCo
Naked Juice Co. has signed a multi-year distribution agreement with the Starbucks Coffee Co. to serve four of its Naked Juice drinks in 7,000 of its coffee houses across the US.
SABMiller has seen its third quarter sales slow, reporting a slip in South African beer volumes as well as sluggish volumes in markets such as Latin America, Europe and China.
Scottish & Newcastle has demanded that Carlsberg agree to the publication of confidential data on their joint brewing venture "as a condition of recommendation".
The entry of Diageo into the Irish whiskey market has further enlivened a sector already growing steadily thanks to the efforts of the other major global spirits force, Pernod Ricard. And a new report...
It has survived the Iron Curtain, endured rationalisation in the global drinks industry and numerous changes in its distribution and even a feud with the Russian state, but Stolichnaya is still standi...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Diageo has begun trialling two new vodka flavours in a select number of pubs and bars in the UK....
Global financial services firm UBS has downgraded its rating on Diageo to 'neutral' from 'buy', according to dealers....
The Glenmorangie Company has signed an agreement with Diageo for the sale of its 33-acre Broxburn facility in a bid to withdraw from the bottling and sale of blended Scotch whisky....
Diageo is introducing a Black Label Limited Anniversary Edition collector's bottle for its Johnnie Walker whisky brand, to celebrate 100 years of the Striding Man....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report