Just the round-up – The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
Anheuser-Busch has reported a lift in shipment volumes in the US for 2007.
Bottled water in the US
A raft of trade associations have filed a lawsuit against the city of Chicago over the recent introduction of a "disconcerting" tax on bottled water.
Brown-Forman has confirmed the termination of two marketing agreements in the US.
Constellation Brands has posted a healthy lift in quarter three net income, despite a marked drop in reported net sales.
William Grant & Sons
William Grant & Sons has recruited a new senior vice president of marketing for its US subsidiary.
Beam Global UK has hired a former Diageo manager as its new sales director.
Viniflhor has announced the final figures for the new replantation in advance scheme for Cognac growers, introduced last October.
Whilst Scottish & Newcastle has said that it is still not prepared to talk to the Carlsberg/Heineken consortium regarding its prospective takeover, the UK brewer has set a "starting point" for potential negotiations.
Cadbury Schweppes has silenced rumours it may sell its Australian and New Zealand drinks business, according to reports.
Constellation Brands has integrated its recent Fortune Brands wine acquisitions into a new sales and marketing structure for its combined portfolio.
This weeks features:
This week is proving an eventful one in the battle for control of Scottish & Newcastle (S&N), with the UK brewer today making its official submission to the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, which will consider if Carlsberg's involvement in the bid breaches its Shareholder Agreement with S&N governing its joint venture, Baltic Beverages Holding (BBH). Meanwhile, pressure is mounting on the consortium to increase its GBP7.50 per share offer, and an improved bid could be on the table by the end of the week. Ben Cooper reports.
just-drinks wine pundit Chris Losh turns clairvoyant to predict the big stories of 2008. Will our Nostradamus of the Spittoon be proved right? There is only one way to find out. Keep reading just-drinks!
Anheuser-Busch this week responded to speculation about its future in a letter to its employees amidst the ongoing takeover dispute with InBev....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Anheuser-Busch has extended its marketing relationship with The Chicago Cubs through to 2013....
Constellation Europe is investing GBP3m (US$5.9m) in its Robert Mondavi brand to further develop and add value to its premium Californian category....
A group of Anheuser-Busch shareholders have filed lawsuits against the brewer, claiming A-B's board has breached its fiduciary responsibility by rejecting InBev's recent takeover offer....
Widmer Brothers Brewing Company and Redhook Ale Brewery have completed their merger, renaming the combined company Craft Brewers Alliance....
Judge & Dolph, LLC president Rockwell Wirtz has closed a deal that creates the leading spirit, wine and malt beverage distributor in Illinois....
InBev has responded to Anheuser-Busch's rejection of its takeover bid by reiterating the perceived positives of its original offer....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research