just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
THE NETHERLANDS: Heineken makes Syabar Brewing purchase
Heineken has acquired the holding company of Belarus-based Syabar Brewing Company.
The Edrington Group
UK: Edrington poised to send distillery east
The Edrington Group is looking to sell off one of its disused Scotch whisky distilleries to a consortium of Eastern Europeans, according to local reports.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine
US: Beam Global names US commercial development chief
The former president of Beam Wine Estates is set to rejoin Beam Global Spirits & Wine as senior vice president of US commercial development.
BELGIUM: Executive changes announced at InBev
Inbev has created a new position at board level, leading to a change in its zone presidency for Western Europe.
Wines of Chile
CHILE: Wines of Chile names manager
Wines of Chile has appointed a new manager to replace Ricardo Letelier.
US: Coors teams up with Hero Campaign for drink-drive initiative
The US arm of Molson Coors has lined up a responsible drinking initiative in Arizona, offering residents the chance to win a pair of tickets to next month's Super Bowl.
Wine - Argentina
ARGENTINA: Wine exports continue climb in 2007 - figures
Wine exports from Argentina in the first 11 months of 2007 registered a healthy lift on a year earlier, according to recent figures.
Scotch whisky industry
UK: UK Gov't prepares Scotch whisky regulation update
The UK authorities have given whisky producers a three-month window to look at its proposed changes to Scotch whisky legislation.
UK: Diageo unveils Talisker travel-retail exclusive
Diageo has launched a travel-retail exclusive Talisker single malt Scotch whisky, which celebrates the distillery's remote northerly location on the island of Skye.
UK/DENMARK: Carlsberg, Scottish & Newcastle get arbitration decision date
Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg have been advised of an expected conclusion date for the arbitration process regarding ownership of their Eastern European joint venture.
The CEO of Maxxium Worldwide has announced his intention to quit the marketing and distribution company, just-drinks can exclusively reveal....
Need to know - Ten facts about Maxxium...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is linking individuals and organisations with "The Stuff Inside", through a new US marketing campaign for its Jim Beam brand....
InBev has confirmed full details of the impending launch of Stella Artois 4% abv in the UK....
Anheuser-Busch is to take complete ownership of its brewing joint venture in India....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a lift in both sales and operating profit for its latest full-year, but has sit tight on releasing full financial details due to ongoing discussions at Maxxium....
The UK unit of Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched the first website for its Port brand Cockburn's....
Heineken has seen its target price cut by SNS Securities....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future