just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Champagne market will only return to the level of its 2011 record high in 2018, on the back of a recovery in its main European markets such as the UK, Germany and Belgium, and growth outside Europe, a new just-drinks report has forecast.
Supplies of California wines are unlikely to be significantly affected by the earthquake that hit two of the state's main wine regions at the weekend, according to a trade group.
Strong sales in its export markets and a weak South African rand has helped Distell deliver a double-digit rise in full-year revenue.
Allied Blenders & Distillers (ABD) has acquired 50% ownership rights for Mansion House brandy and Savoy Club whiskey in south Asia.
Brown-Forman is targeting a mid to high single-digit increase in full-year sales, although the first quarter saw sales growth slow.
Bacardi has appointed a new chief financial officer as the current incumbent has left the firm after less than two years in the role.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on reports that it is looking to cut sugar content in its beverages after CEO Indra Nooyi met with officials in India.
Pernod Ricard has reported a double-digit fall in full-year net profits as volumes of its headline brands dipped slightly.
SodaStream is considering closing a West Bank factory that sparked protests against its products, but said the final decision will be “purely financial”, according to a report.
SABMiller has upped its earnings from the sale of its Tsogo Sun Holdings shares to ZAR10.6bn (US$1bn) after divesting the last of its interest.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Remy Cointreau sees H1 sales, profits rise
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts