just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
One week after Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co (KKR) and Rhone Capital pitched a joint-takeover bid for Treasury Wine Estates, another "global private equity investor" has thrown its hat into the ring for the Australia-headquartered wine group.
A group of UK lawmakers are calling for alcoholic drinks to carry health warnings and details of calorie content, as well as the introduction of stricter sanctions on marketing in the country.
Global shipments of Cognac fell by 3.2% in 2013 to 12.3m nine-litre cases, hit by a slowdown in the hitherto fast-growing Chinese market, according to a new, joint just-drinks/The IWSR report.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to open its first brewery in Vietnam in February.
Diageo CEO Ivan Menezes has seen his total remuneration fall by 6% in his first year in the role, according to official company documents.
Constellation Brands has announced its intention to purchase the Casa Noble Tequila brand.
United Breweries Holdings has reported a drop in first-quarter sales from its alcohol operations, but profits rose in the period.
The Glenmorangie Company, the Scotch whisky unit of Moet Hennessy, saw a healthy rise in net profits in 2013 off the back of a 6% lift in sales.
A legal ruling in Switzerland against Absinthe producers in the country has been welcomed by the owner of the French La Fée Absinthe brand.
The Coca-Cola Co is to hand its energy portfolio to Monster Beverage Corp after agreeing to pay US$2.15bn for a 16.7% stake in the energy drinks company.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research