just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Treasury Wines Estates (TWE) is to open up its books after receiving an increased AUD3.4bn (US$3.2bn) takeover proposal from two private-equity suitors.
The Coca-Cola Co has gone back on a decision to mix stevia into its Vitaminwater recipe in the US after a social media backlash.
Gruppo Campari has seen its half-year results bolstered by a stronger performance in Q2.
The Coca-Cola Co has pledged to invest a further US$5bn in Africa over the next six years, bringing its total commitment to the continent since 2010 to $17bn.
SABMiller has lined up the chairman of Rio Tinto to become its next chairman.
Diageo is set to appeal a legal ruling in the US against its use of the term 'Explorers' Club' in the Johnnie Walker Explorers' Club brand extension.
Molson Coors has posted a sharp jump in first-half profits as its Europe and the US units boosted margins in the face of slow sales.
Coca-Cola HBC has seen a slower fall in Q2 volumes contribute to a lift in profits in its half-year, although 2014 looks set to be a difficult year for the company.
MillerCoors, the US JV between SABMiller and Molson Coors, has seen a slight rise in first-half sales, but volumes were down as further declines for light lagers were propped up by higher-end brands.
Asahi Group has reported a healthy rise in first-half profits as its beer, spirits and soft drinks businesses all saw a lift in sales.
For a look at the most popular subscriber-only content on just-drinks this week, click here.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets