just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Treasury Wines Estates (TWE) is to open up its books after receiving an increased AUD3.4bn (US$3.2bn) takeover proposal from two private-equity suitors.
The Coca-Cola Co has gone back on a decision to mix stevia into its Vitaminwater recipe in the US after a social media backlash.
Gruppo Campari has seen its half-year results bolstered by a stronger performance in Q2.
The Coca-Cola Co has pledged to invest a further US$5bn in Africa over the next six years, bringing its total commitment to the continent since 2010 to $17bn.
SABMiller has lined up the chairman of Rio Tinto to become its next chairman.
Diageo is set to appeal a legal ruling in the US against its use of the term 'Explorers' Club' in the Johnnie Walker Explorers' Club brand extension.
Molson Coors has posted a sharp jump in first-half profits as its Europe and the US units boosted margins in the face of slow sales.
Coca-Cola HBC has seen a slower fall in Q2 volumes contribute to a lift in profits in its half-year, although 2014 looks set to be a difficult year for the company.
MillerCoors, the US JV between SABMiller and Molson Coors, has seen a slight rise in first-half sales, but volumes were down as further declines for light lagers were propped up by higher-end brands.
Asahi Group has reported a healthy rise in first-half profits as its beer, spirits and soft drinks businesses all saw a lift in sales.
For a look at the most popular subscriber-only content on just-drinks this week, click here.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts