just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Treasury Wines Estates (TWE) is to open up its books after receiving an increased AUD3.4bn (US$3.2bn) takeover proposal from two private-equity suitors.
The Coca-Cola Co has gone back on a decision to mix stevia into its Vitaminwater recipe in the US after a social media backlash.
Gruppo Campari has seen its half-year results bolstered by a stronger performance in Q2.
The Coca-Cola Co has pledged to invest a further US$5bn in Africa over the next six years, bringing its total commitment to the continent since 2010 to $17bn.
SABMiller has lined up the chairman of Rio Tinto to become its next chairman.
Diageo is set to appeal a legal ruling in the US against its use of the term 'Explorers' Club' in the Johnnie Walker Explorers' Club brand extension.
Molson Coors has posted a sharp jump in first-half profits as its Europe and the US units boosted margins in the face of slow sales.
Coca-Cola HBC has seen a slower fall in Q2 volumes contribute to a lift in profits in its half-year, although 2014 looks set to be a difficult year for the company.
MillerCoors, the US JV between SABMiller and Molson Coors, has seen a slight rise in first-half sales, but volumes were down as further declines for light lagers were propped up by higher-end brands.
Asahi Group has reported a healthy rise in first-half profits as its beer, spirits and soft drinks businesses all saw a lift in sales.
For a look at the most popular subscriber-only content on just-drinks this week, click here.
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report