just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Bacardi has said it “firmly disagrees” with claims by American football team the New England Patriots, which is suing the drinks group for an alleged breach of contract.
The trade organisation for Europe's wine producers has called on European Union (EU) and US officials meeting in Brussels to agree a new deal on geographical indications.
The UK's competition authority has signalled it is happy with Emperador Inc as the buyer of Diageo-controlled Whyte & Mackay (W&M), but is awaiting the result of a public consultation before making a final ruling.
William Grant & Sons has stayed quiet on speculation that it is one of a handful of companies looking to buy Scotch whisky liqueur brand Drambuie.
The Coca-Cola Co has seen sales and profits struggle in both the first half of 2014 and the second quarter.
PepsiCo has reported a 1% lift in beverage volumes in its second quarter, although net profits in the three-month period fell slightly.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has seen sales in its half-year receive a boost from last year's purchases in Brazil and Mexico.
SABMiller has reported a 6% lift in first quarter sales, as a strong soft drinks performance offset slow growth for lager volumes.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has posted a big jump in half-year profits as sales increased slightly.
Castel has launched the inaugural vintage of its Ethiopian wine range with 2014 production estimated at 1.2m bottles.
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research