just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Bacardi has said it “firmly disagrees” with claims by American football team the New England Patriots, which is suing the drinks group for an alleged breach of contract.
The trade organisation for Europe's wine producers has called on European Union (EU) and US officials meeting in Brussels to agree a new deal on geographical indications.
The UK's competition authority has signalled it is happy with Emperador Inc as the buyer of Diageo-controlled Whyte & Mackay (W&M), but is awaiting the result of a public consultation before making a final ruling.
William Grant & Sons has stayed quiet on speculation that it is one of a handful of companies looking to buy Scotch whisky liqueur brand Drambuie.
The Coca-Cola Co has seen sales and profits struggle in both the first half of 2014 and the second quarter.
PepsiCo has reported a 1% lift in beverage volumes in its second quarter, although net profits in the three-month period fell slightly.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has seen sales in its half-year receive a boost from last year's purchases in Brazil and Mexico.
SABMiller has reported a 6% lift in first quarter sales, as a strong soft drinks performance offset slow growth for lager volumes.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has posted a big jump in half-year profits as sales increased slightly.
Castel has launched the inaugural vintage of its Ethiopian wine range with 2014 production estimated at 1.2m bottles.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts