just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
SABMiller is in line to earn around US$1bn from the sale of its holding in South African gaming, hotel and entertainment group Tsogo Sun Holdings.
San Miguel Corp has been offered as much as US$6bn for the majority share in its namesake brewing unit, the company's president has said in an interview.
Shareholders in United Spirits have approved the sale of its Scotch whisky unit, Whyte & Mackay, to the Philippines' Emperador Inc.
US agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) is to buy Wild Flavors from the owner of Capri Sun for EUR2.3bn (US$3.1bn).
William Grant & Sons has donated GBP185,000 (US$317,000) to campaign groups opposed to Scottish independence, election officials have revealed.
The CEO of PepsiCo has acknowledged that the US is seeing a “profound” change in eating and drinking habits, but suggested the media and bloggers are partly to blame for a mistrust of food and drinks producers.
The cost of hailstorm damage to vineyards in the Languedoc region of southern France, in terms of lost production, could total EUR80m (US$108.9m), according to trade body sources.
The world's biggest alcohol companies have pledged to accelerate work to address alcohol misuse after releasing a joint report described as a “foundation” for progress.
Pernod Ricard has increased its share in Tequila joint-venture Avion Spirits to 84%.
First Drinks, the UK division of William Grant & Sons, has announced a name change.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Poland warning sends Stock Spirits shares tumbling
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts