just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
SABMiller is in line to earn around US$1bn from the sale of its holding in South African gaming, hotel and entertainment group Tsogo Sun Holdings.
San Miguel Corp has been offered as much as US$6bn for the majority share in its namesake brewing unit, the company's president has said in an interview.
Shareholders in United Spirits have approved the sale of its Scotch whisky unit, Whyte & Mackay, to the Philippines' Emperador Inc.
US agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) is to buy Wild Flavors from the owner of Capri Sun for EUR2.3bn (US$3.1bn).
William Grant & Sons has donated GBP185,000 (US$317,000) to campaign groups opposed to Scottish independence, election officials have revealed.
The CEO of PepsiCo has acknowledged that the US is seeing a “profound” change in eating and drinking habits, but suggested the media and bloggers are partly to blame for a mistrust of food and drinks producers.
The cost of hailstorm damage to vineyards in the Languedoc region of southern France, in terms of lost production, could total EUR80m (US$108.9m), according to trade body sources.
The world's biggest alcohol companies have pledged to accelerate work to address alcohol misuse after releasing a joint report described as a “foundation” for progress.
Pernod Ricard has increased its share in Tequila joint-venture Avion Spirits to 84%.
First Drinks, the UK division of William Grant & Sons, has announced a name change.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018