just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Edrington has returned to full-year profit in a fiscal 2014 that saw it invest heavily in a new distillery and in-house distribution arms.
Emperador Inc's namesake brandy became the second-largest spirits brand in the world last year, but still trails far behind HiteJinro's South Korean soju Jinro, new figures show.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has appointed a former Coca-Cola Co executive to lead its Asia and Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) unit.
Diageo has confirmed the completion of its latest tender offer for shares in United Spirits and is now the majority controller of the Indian firm.
Constellation Brands has posted an impressive-looking set of Q1 results, although wine and spirit sales slipped in the period.
The US division of Nestle has divested its Juicy Juice brand to private equity firm Brynwood Partners.
The European Court of Auditors (ECA) has argued against maintaining a special European Union (EU) public support system for the wine sector, saying it can rely on the EU’s rural development programme.
A hail storm has devastated over 3,000 hectares of vineyards in Burgundy, stretching from Nuits-Saint-Georges to Maçon.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed its purchase of Pivovar Samson in Czech and has warned that the transaction “further strengthens” its position in the legal row with Budejovický Budvar.
Nichols has been hit with a fine of almost US$14m following a legal ruling in Pakistan.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research