just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Edrington has returned to full-year profit in a fiscal 2014 that saw it invest heavily in a new distillery and in-house distribution arms.
Emperador Inc's namesake brandy became the second-largest spirits brand in the world last year, but still trails far behind HiteJinro's South Korean soju Jinro, new figures show.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has appointed a former Coca-Cola Co executive to lead its Asia and Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) unit.
Diageo has confirmed the completion of its latest tender offer for shares in United Spirits and is now the majority controller of the Indian firm.
Constellation Brands has posted an impressive-looking set of Q1 results, although wine and spirit sales slipped in the period.
The US division of Nestle has divested its Juicy Juice brand to private equity firm Brynwood Partners.
The European Court of Auditors (ECA) has argued against maintaining a special European Union (EU) public support system for the wine sector, saying it can rely on the EU’s rural development programme.
A hail storm has devastated over 3,000 hectares of vineyards in Burgundy, stretching from Nuits-Saint-Georges to Maçon.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed its purchase of Pivovar Samson in Czech and has warned that the transaction “further strengthens” its position in the legal row with Budejovický Budvar.
Nichols has been hit with a fine of almost US$14m following a legal ruling in Pakistan.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer