just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) is set to sign a "cooperation agreement" with Mexico's Tequila Regulatory Council this week to help boost protection of both spirits globally and encourage "fair" competition.
Diageo's Johnnie Walker has come top of a poll assessing the leading global wine and spirits brands, for the second year running.
An industry analyst has urged wine makers to make more of digital retailing in the UK as he revealed online sales were booming.
The CEO of Australian Vintage has revealed he would prefer rival firm Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) not to be sold to a foreign company.
Suntory's acquisition of Beam Inc and Emperador's takeover of White & Mackay signal a “growing appetite” in Asia for assets that could push up prices in future bidding contests, an analyst has said.
Brown-Forman has seen its full-year net profits and sales rise, helped by an 8% sales lift for its Jack Daniel's brand.
Sunny Delight Beverages has launched a new variant to its flagship drink that it claims is an “alternative” to energy drinks.
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed it plans to test launch the Mexican lager brand Montejo in the US later this year.
Remy Cointreau has emphasised its confidence in the current fiscal year, despite a poor performance in its most recent 12 months.
Monster Beverage Corp is facing a pay-out of US$1.7m for its unauthorised use of music by hip hop group the Beastie Boys, according to reports.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review