just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) is set to sign a "cooperation agreement" with Mexico's Tequila Regulatory Council this week to help boost protection of both spirits globally and encourage "fair" competition.
Diageo's Johnnie Walker has come top of a poll assessing the leading global wine and spirits brands, for the second year running.
An industry analyst has urged wine makers to make more of digital retailing in the UK as he revealed online sales were booming.
The CEO of Australian Vintage has revealed he would prefer rival firm Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) not to be sold to a foreign company.
Suntory's acquisition of Beam Inc and Emperador's takeover of White & Mackay signal a “growing appetite” in Asia for assets that could push up prices in future bidding contests, an analyst has said.
Brown-Forman has seen its full-year net profits and sales rise, helped by an 8% sales lift for its Jack Daniel's brand.
Sunny Delight Beverages has launched a new variant to its flagship drink that it claims is an “alternative” to energy drinks.
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed it plans to test launch the Mexican lager brand Montejo in the US later this year.
Remy Cointreau has emphasised its confidence in the current fiscal year, despite a poor performance in its most recent 12 months.
Monster Beverage Corp is facing a pay-out of US$1.7m for its unauthorised use of music by hip hop group the Beastie Boys, according to reports.
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research