just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
A new US study claims to have countered the “myth” that diet beverages cause weight gain.
Customs officials in Saudi Arabia have seized nearly 17,000 bottles of vodka that were being smuggled through the country, according to reports.
AG Barr has reported a single-digit rise in 15-week sales and announced that its chairman will step down at the end of 2014.
Edrington brand The Famous Grouse is to be the official whisky of this year's Commonwealth Games in Scotland.
Brazilian brewers AX Beer and Cervejaria Krug Bier have teamed up to create a caipirinha-infused beer.
Monster Beverage Corp has defended itself over a legal clash with hip hop group the Beastie Boys involving the unauthorised use of the band's music.
The Coca-Cola Co has sold a bottler to Alabama’s Coca-Cola Bottling Company United as part of a plan to hand territory to its franchisees.
UK charity Comic Relief has said it will stop investing in alcohol companies, following a review of its investments.
Diageo has revealed plans to spend US$115m on a new distillery in the US state of Kentucky to capitalise on American whiskey’s surging popularity.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review