just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Coca-Cola Co is to remove a flavouring stabiliser from its global portfolio in the wake of consumer concerns.
The trade body for Brazil's biggest brewers has said it is “surprised” by the government's decision to change the country's tax code on beverage sales.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reported a lift in first-quarter sales, but rising finance costs and currency swings dragged down net profits.
Carlsberg has seen the first quarter of 2014 perform "in line with our expectations", but has warned that reported profits in the full year will be hit by "a more uncertain macro situation in Russia and Ukraine".
Casella Wines has changed its name to Casella Family Brands as it looks to reposition itself.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated has seen its net profits struggle in the first quarter, with sales holding steady on improved volumes.
Molson Coors has seen its first-quarter sales slip, but profits were boosted by a one-off sum from the cancellation of its Canadian joint-venture with Grupo Modelo.
The Coca-Cola Co is to shut down two of its juice plants in Russia with the loss of 1,000 jobs.
Consejo Regulador del Cava has proposed the introduction of a further classification for Cava producers.
Emperador Inc is set to acquire Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay from Diageo-controlled United Spirits for GBP430m (US$729m).
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research