just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Coca-Cola Co is to remove a flavouring stabiliser from its global portfolio in the wake of consumer concerns.
The trade body for Brazil's biggest brewers has said it is “surprised” by the government's decision to change the country's tax code on beverage sales.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reported a lift in first-quarter sales, but rising finance costs and currency swings dragged down net profits.
Carlsberg has seen the first quarter of 2014 perform "in line with our expectations", but has warned that reported profits in the full year will be hit by "a more uncertain macro situation in Russia and Ukraine".
Casella Wines has changed its name to Casella Family Brands as it looks to reposition itself.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated has seen its net profits struggle in the first quarter, with sales holding steady on improved volumes.
Molson Coors has seen its first-quarter sales slip, but profits were boosted by a one-off sum from the cancellation of its Canadian joint-venture with Grupo Modelo.
The Coca-Cola Co is to shut down two of its juice plants in Russia with the loss of 1,000 jobs.
Consejo Regulador del Cava has proposed the introduction of a further classification for Cava producers.
Emperador Inc is set to acquire Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay from Diageo-controlled United Spirits for GBP430m (US$729m).
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018