just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Beam Inc has announced that its chief financial officer and two other executives are resigning in light of the group being acquired by Suntory Holdings.
Monster Beverage Corp has agreed to pay-out US$16.3m to settle a long-running shareholders' class action that accused the company of overstating the benefits of a distribution deal with Anheuser-Busch in the US, according to reports.
Lipsmark, the company behind a new powdered alcohol called Palcohol, said it expects the controversial product to be on sale by the autumn despite having to re-submit its labels for approval to the US authorities.
The British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) has said it is “extremely disappointed” after the UK's advertising authorities dismissed complaints about an “alarmist” advert linking alcohol consumption to cancer.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has hailed a strong start to 2014, as profits soared on steady sales.
Pernod Ricard has reported a continued slide in sales for the first nine months of its fiscal year, but has confirmed its full-year operating profits guidance.
Heineken has reported a sharp fall in first-quarter net profits, but has reaffirmed its full-year outlook as sales rose in the period.
The Coca-Cola Co has spoken out after its biggest shareholder, Warren Buffett, branded the group's new executive pay plan as “excessive”.
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported healthy profits in the first quarter of 2014, but struggling volumes tempered the performance.
Sales of Californian wines in the US rose by 5% in value terms last year as premium brands continued to drive growth, latest figures have revealed.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018