just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Private equity firm Lion Capital has declined to comment on a report it has teamed up with Whyte & Mackay's (W&M) former CEO to table a bid for the Scotch whisky producer.
South Africa's bulk wine producers are likely to have to find new markets this year as competition in Europe intensifies, according to a new report
SABMiller has confirmed that it expects to cut around 400 jobs at its South African soft drinks unit Amalgamated Beverage Industries (ABI).
Gruppo Campari has agreed to pay EUR103.75m (US$143m) for Italian liqueur maker Averna Group.
The Coca-Cola Co has seen the first quarter of this year mirror its performance in 2013, with sales and profits dipping as volumes held firm.
Moët Hennessy has lined up the purchase of grand cru de côte-de-nuits Clos des Lambrays.
Export volumes of Australian wine fell by 6% in the last year, but the average value of wine being shipped rose slightly, latest figures reveal.
A contractual dispute between Miller Brewing Company (MBC) and Molson Coors is heading to court after settlement talks between the two broke down.
Diageo has reported flat nine-month sales and a drop in volumes as problems in Asian markets took their toll.
PepsiCo has posted a jump in first-quarter group profits, despite flat global beverage volumes and continuing CSD declines in North America.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future