just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
C&C Group has confirmed a change of leadership at its Tennent Caledonian Breweries division in Scotland.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has finalised its US$5.3bn repurchase of South Korea's Oriental Brewery (OB).
William Grant & Sons has poached an executive from Remy Cointreau to head up its Global Travel Retail division.
Heineken's CEO has urged health lobbyists and regulators to drop their “mistrust” of the drinks industry and work with brands to persuade consumers that moderate drinking is “cool”.
The Coca-Cola Co's marketing campaign for this year's World Cup will see the stars of its latest global TV spot feature as flag bearers at one of the event's opening matches.
PepsiCo has launched its latest global television advert, featuring a raft of well-known soccer players, to promote its Pepsi cola brand.
Vranken-Pommery and Castel have gained regulatory clearance to launch their JV focusing on rosé wine.
Pernod Ricard is scouting for parties interested in acquiring its Czech herbal liqueur brand, Becherovka, just-drinks understands.
Germany’s Federal Cartel Office (FCO) has handed out another EUR231.2m (US$318.9m) of fines to six more brewers in the country over alleged price fixing.
Alcohol consumption rates in Australia have fallen to their lowest point in 15 years, according to latest official figures.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015