just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The head of Swedish whiskey maker Mackmyra has said smaller distillers face an uphill battle in export markets because of a lack of spending power.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has unveiled the first TV commercial for its Budweiser brand ahead of this year's FIFA World Cup.
The size of the wine harvest in Bordeaux last year fell by 27% on 2012, according to figures released yesterday (17 March).
Pernod Ricard has said its Plymouth Gin brand is back on track after fixing a pricing issue that saw it “competing against different brands in different markets”.
Brown-Forman has opened a new front in its row with Diageo over Tennessee whiskey, claiming that the Johnnie Walker owner is trying to weaken global growth in North American whiskey because it threatens Scotch sales.
The alcoholic drinks industry in the UK is toasting the country's Chancellor of the Exchequer today (19 March) after he scrapped the alcohol duty escalator in this year's Budget.
PepsiCo has joined the Coca-Cola Co in committing to “a zero-tolerance” policy on the land displacements that have fuelled the sugar trade.
Soft drinks maker Nichols believes price-marked packaging (PMP) is here to stay, as it revealed PMP accounted for most of Vimto's sales growth in UK impulse channels last year.
Suntory has revealed plans to set-up a joint venture in China with China Huiyuan Juice Group to boost its soft drinks sales in the country.
Accolade Wines has secured a sponsorship deal for its Hardys Australian wine brand with the English Cricket Board (ECB).
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research