just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The head of Swedish whiskey maker Mackmyra has said smaller distillers face an uphill battle in export markets because of a lack of spending power.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has unveiled the first TV commercial for its Budweiser brand ahead of this year's FIFA World Cup.
The size of the wine harvest in Bordeaux last year fell by 27% on 2012, according to figures released yesterday (17 March).
Pernod Ricard has said its Plymouth Gin brand is back on track after fixing a pricing issue that saw it “competing against different brands in different markets”.
Brown-Forman has opened a new front in its row with Diageo over Tennessee whiskey, claiming that the Johnnie Walker owner is trying to weaken global growth in North American whiskey because it threatens Scotch sales.
The alcoholic drinks industry in the UK is toasting the country's Chancellor of the Exchequer today (19 March) after he scrapped the alcohol duty escalator in this year's Budget.
PepsiCo has joined the Coca-Cola Co in committing to “a zero-tolerance” policy on the land displacements that have fuelled the sugar trade.
Soft drinks maker Nichols believes price-marked packaging (PMP) is here to stay, as it revealed PMP accounted for most of Vimto's sales growth in UK impulse channels last year.
Suntory has revealed plans to set-up a joint venture in China with China Huiyuan Juice Group to boost its soft drinks sales in the country.
Accolade Wines has secured a sponsorship deal for its Hardys Australian wine brand with the English Cricket Board (ECB).
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"